Fish??

thirtyby40
thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
edited September 20 in Recipes
Well I am trying to have fish a couple of times a week, but my family gets tired after a while of the same old things. I bought a great fish rub that they like. I also do lemon or lime with spices. They like it with stewed tomatoes and peppers. I have tried many things with salmon that they love, but plain old white fish I am at a loss of what to try that is low cal and yummy.

Any suggestions would be appreciated....

Replies

• shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    We used to live in ak so we had halibut ALL the time. You can do anything with fish that you could do with say chicken. Taco's, lasagna, bake it, broil it, pan fry. Halibut parmesan is good to.
    If you want any recipes just let me know, some I just throw together but I can give you an idea of what to put in it.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    there's tons of things, you can bake it with a little bit of light or panko bread crumbs and lemon. You can do fish taco's (use corn tortilla's or whole wheat flour tortillas!), You can do a bouillabaisse with fish, or even a surf and turf with fish and some kind of beef (fillet cuts are usually very lean). That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's lots more if you go to any one of a bunch of websites out there with good, healthy fish recipies.
  • its a little plain but i like the frozen tilapia fillets with a little olive oil and seasoning, i used mrs dash. Also, salmon w/ brown sugar is very yummy. My favorite though, is halibut baked in the oven drizzled w/ olive oil topped w/ zuccini and swuash chunks, and feta cheese. Then at the end when its done cooking add halved baby tomatose. It comes out looking so fresh and colorful, the sort of thing you could serve company
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    I like salmon with honey...just marinate the salmon overnight with the honey and it comes out delish!
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    I am making this tonight. The red wine with salmon and shrimp sound strange, I know but this comes out extremely well. It's a lot of ingredients but it pulls together really fast. Especially if you cook the salmon ahead of time. Fine dining at home!

8 oz of salmon
    2 Tbls tarragon
    dash of red wine
    6 tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
    8 oz whole grain uncooked spaghetti
    8 spears asparagus trimmed and cut into 1 in pieces
    1 Tbls Olive Oil
    1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
    1/4 cup diced onion
    2 cloves of garlic
    1/4 cup red wine
    1/4 cup chicken broth
    1/4 cup fat free half and half
    2 Tblsp grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the salmon into a baking dish and season with tarragonand the dash of red wine. Cover with lid or foil.

2. Bake salmon for about 5 min. then remove lid and add the prawns. Cover and return to oven. Cook for about 10 more min. or until prawns are pink and salmon flakes easily.

3. While fish is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook about 2 min, add the asparagus to the cooking spaghetti. Asparagus should be done when pasta is (about 6 more minutes).

4. While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and mushroom and cook until onions are translucent and mushrooms begin to brown. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant then add the 1/4 cup of wine and 1/4 cup of broth. Cook and stir to revoe and bits stuck to the pan, then reduce heat to low and stir in half and half.

5. Drain spaghetti and asapargus, and mix into the skillet withthe cream sauce. Flake the salmon and cut each prawn in half and mix in too. Pour into serving dish and sprinkle parmesan on top.

Makes 4 large servings.
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 369.1
    Total Fat: 9.2 g
    Cholesterol: 41.0 mg
    Sodium: 180.9 mg
    Total Carbs: 47.2 g
    Dietary Fiber: 7.1 g
    Protein: 27.8 g
  • kimmay
    kimmay Posts: 26
    I eat mahi mahi at least once or twice a week. Love it.

I like it kind of plain too. I rub it with olive oil, lime juice, sea salt, garlic powder and red pepper and pan cook it.

And then of course I sprinkle some cholula hot sauce on it haha.
This discussion has been closed.