Afternoon Munchies

Options
Seems like no mater how much water, how many mini meals, carrot sticks, sunflower seeds or other disguise I use, the afternoons are just killer! About 2:00 everyday I could eat anything that isn't nailed down! Anybody else got this disease? Any ideas for cures?:laugh: Thanks!

Replies

• annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    try popcorn. I eat 100 calorie pack for a snack between 2-4 and it seems to help.
  • cnutbrown
    cnutbrown Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I eat 1/2 a protein bar. Gets me by till supper :)
  • silvertears
    silvertears Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Do you work or are you home at that time? I used to be like this at night after putting my kids to bed. So I scheduled my workouts at the time I'd normally be tempted to snack nonstop. I don't know if that's something you can do, but maybe there is something you can try to distract yourself at that time.
  • faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    try drinking coffee!!! it curves hunger and if you add sugar free creamer, it's like a desert. Since it's a drink (and hot) it takes a while to get it down which might also curb the hunger or urge to eat. helps me. or going for a walk. i also schedule my workout time to replace my bad habit snacking time.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    lol so funny that I read this cuz I was fighting that exact same urge to snack when I decided to come on MFP to keep me from scarfing down a hershey's bar like I did yesterday. I am dying for chocolate right now. lol
  • saranmicah09
    Options
    Have ya'll tried the Special K Chocolatey Pretzel snack bar. There is just a enough chocolate to satisfy your sweet tooth and only 90 calories!!! I love em!
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Try some 100 calorie popcorn. That works for me if I get those urges.
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    Popcorn sounds good rignt now, but I bet there's none in the vending machine downstairs!:cry::cry: Water just doesn't cut it, and the Special K cereal just isn't sounding good right now.............
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    A good snack is carrot chips dipped in an equal mix of salsa (especially something chunkier like black bean and corn salsa) and reduced fat sour cream (you can use fat free but I don't care for the consistency of FF). It's very satisfying and yummy too!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I love to eat sliced apples with 1 TBSP of reduced-fat peanut butter. I am at work during the afternoons....but I bring a small little tupperware dish with 1 TBSP of peanut butter. And I bring my apple & apple slicer to work in another little tuperware dish. The apple gives me the boost of energy and the peanut butter craves my "fat" cravings as well as holds me over until dinner.

Trust me...it sounds weird to eat an apple with peanut butter...but its scrumptious!!

Calories = apple (90ish) Reduced Fat PB 1 tbsp (90) = 180