Hello Everyone - looking for friends online!

Options
I have been using MFP mobile and web version for about 2 weeks. I am 46M looking for friends who may want to motivate each other or share stories. I just got off an antidepressant that really was making me gain weight. I gained about 25 pounds on this drug (bad news) and I am now that I have corrected this issue, things are going much better for me.

I am a single dad and I have been trying to show my daughter (14) a healthier way to live. These younger kids have not been exposed to the outdoors and last week, we went rock climbing and I have been running again. Things feel real good, but I ran/walked 4.3 miles yesterday and got on the scale today and no change. I don't know if I may not be drinking enough water. I have been under 1500 calories daily and tracking religiously.

If you would like to compare notes, let me know. I check in every day and record all meals. I weened off the bad prescription drug about two weeks ago and I immediately lost almost 10 pounds and since then, I have actually gained 3 back. I think it may be my body adjusting as well.

Please share thoughts!!!! Thanks

Replies

• goodcoffy
    goodcoffy Posts: 25
    Options
    I have two young ones who hates outdoors... my goal is to show them by example the benefits of living a full healthy lifestyle. I would luv to be your friend. Together we can do this!
  • satxdc99
    satxdc99 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It is great that you have joined MFP and are taking steps to a healthier, more active lifestyle. You will have great results.
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    sounds to me like you're under eating. Eat your full calories before exercise, you'll get it going.
  • jmax68
    jmax68 Posts: 11
    Options
    I agree with shbretired that you may be under eating. Feel free to add me.
  • luke1437
    luke1437 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks so much!! I am glad that I am not the only one who has kids who don't like to exercise!!!
  • luke1437
    luke1437 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey John,

I read your profile and I feel like I also want to shed the extra pounds that i have gained over the years. I have an office job and it seems like I went from 180 to 210 overnight. Thx.
  • johnsummerton
    johnsummerton Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi if u keep running weight will come off for sure . My youngest son exercises more seeing me run most days
  • agraffka
    agraffka Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm new one. I'm happy to add new friends too. It will motivate me to be here more often, and update my profile :-))