Stuck at a Plateau!

Options
I'm currently stuck at a plateau. I gained 20 pounds within the past three months and want to lose it plus an additional ten. I've been trying to diet since of the beginning of May and I have yet to lose a pound... if any, I gain a pound. I'm stuck and I'm ready to give up. I've worked out, ate healthy, etc.

Does anyone have any advice for me? :(

Replies

• Jotell
    Jotell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Lost 4lbs last week and lost nothing this week! I'm not sure what I need to do to lose. So I started on here and with my exercise calculated in my calorie intake rose, I don't know if I really trust eating that much more! I had been eating way less than what MFP has told me to eat, so I'm concerned that I'm going to gain weight if I keep eating the amount it tells me to! YIKES! I know this doesn't help you, but you're not alone!
  • ebelliss
    ebelliss Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    here's a few things to check:

1.) sodium- make sure you are below 2500. i try to eat below 2000mg.

2.) if you haven't already, calculate BMR and don't eat below it

3.) net AT LEAST 1200 each day

4.) drink LOTS AND LOTS of water!

5.) change up your exercise routine

hope these help!!
  • felicity_phillips
    Options
    Thank you so so much!

I also saw on Dr. Oz the other day that there are numerous supplements, such as Vitamin D, that can help lose weight so I've been taking vitamin D supplements now too in hopes that it helps.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your food? How much are you eating, if so?

There is a gluten intolerant food and fitness blogger you might like at fitnessista.com. It's not hard to eat healthy and gluten free. I do best when I focus on produce, lean protein and healthy fats, and skip the baked goods.
  • ivkillorn
    ivkillorn Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey! I busted through my plateau using the Isagenix Products! Have you heard of them?
    Maybe this would help you?
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Here is a blog someone shared with me, at he very bottom there is sort of like a checklist for troubleshooting plateaus.

http://fitnesswithnatalie.blogspot.com/2011/05/most-dreaded-word-in-weight-loss.html
  • Rach911
    Rach911 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • Michelleypoo82
    Options
    Here is a blog someone shared with me, at he very bottom there is sort of like a checklist for troubleshooting plateaus.

http://fitnesswithnatalie.blogspot.com/2011/05/most-dreaded-word-in-weight-loss.html

Awesome blog post! Thank you!
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I increased my calories (as I knew I should be doing) 1200 is just too low for me. Add me and check out my diary. I eat, I eat a lot (IMO) but I eat good foods like fish, lean meats, fruits and veggies. I also eat almonds to up my calories. I was stuck in the 190's for a while and since I have increased my calorie intake I have dropped down to 187.2. I also drink a ton of water. I still have a ways to go, but I know that I'm getting there the healthy way. I also change up my exercise weekly. I just quit the gym, so don't think you have to go that route to lose weight either. Best of luck to you! :)
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Try being more consistent logging for a few weeks , your diary is all over the place so its hard for me to give you any decent advice at this point :smile:
  • desert_rhino
    desert_rhino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    So far, I see WAY too many sugars and other carbs in your diary. If you're at all like me, sugar makes you hungry after your insulin spikes and the sugar is metabolized (often stored as fat). If you can find a way to get rid of the gatorade and sugary starbucks crap... maybe switch to coffee with coffeemate creamers and no extra sugar, and herbal/regular tea blends, you'll be far better off. I eat or drink something sugary or artificially sweetened, and about 45-60 minutes later, I'm STARVING and I repeat the cycle. Yuck!

Water. Drink water. Try flavored seltzers (without any sweeteners).

Eat actual food for snacks, like a piece of leftover chicken or pork chop, or even a handful of nuts... trail mix.
  • Chokis
    Chokis Posts: 131
    Options
    Too much sugar, too many carbs. Very low on protein.
    Also, you eat almost no veggies! OMG. How can your body handle that? You're getting your carbs from sugars and starches. Bad, bad,bad.
  • Yori1
    Yori1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Bump