Low-cal pasta recipes?

Options
lilahtov
lilahtov Posts: 10
I really miss eating pasta and I'm confident I can find some good, whole-wheat or spelt or some kind of pasta that's nutritious, but I don't have any good LOW-CAL recipes to prepare it with. Any recipes would be much appreciated!! Thanks!

Replies

• jabaa91
    jabaa91 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    tuna, onion, peppers, tinned tomatoes, some garlic and pepper, sprinkle of low fat cheese :)
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Nice username. :)

Stir fry chicken and vegetables in a pan or wok with garlic and soy sauce. Add al dente pasta at the end. Stir and serve.
    Stir fry chicken and vegetables in a pan or wok. Add al dente pasta, spinach, and tomato sauce at the end. Stir and serve.
    Topped with a sauce of ground turkey, chopped onions, tomato puree, water, and a tablespoon of sugar.

The bad news is that whole grain pastas are not lower in calories than their regular counterparts. However, they are much more nutritious, which can be helpful in curbing your appetite afterwards.
  • seamaiden1000
    seamaiden1000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Assuming you use only wholemeal pasta for added goodness, fibre and low GI you can add the following sauces:

Tomato sauce: can of diced tomatoes plus tablespoon of tomato paste cooked in olive oil with basil and oregano, cracked pepper and salt to taste. You may cook diced onions, capsicum and other vegetables finely diced with basic tomato sauce. Also try adding some pitted kalamata olives for extra tang.

Pesto sauce: Easy to buy ready made or have on hand with next to no preparation required and just spoon through the pasta. Aldi stores have very tasty one at great price.

Beans and fresh diced tomatoes: Can of three bean mix washed and drained, diced fresh tomatoes, basil, olive oil, lemon juice and cracked pepper mixed through pasta. You can also add some diced Spanish onion to this.

Add low fat fetta cheese topping to pasta for extra calcium.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I use spaghetti squash instead of noodles