Green Tea

Options
I know everyone goes on about how good green tea is for you, etc, etc.

But what I really want to know is What does it taste like?

I know I should probably just go out and try it for myself, but I simply don't want to buy a whole box of it and hate the taste of it.
I've been meaning to try it for a while, but have never got round to it, so if someone could answer my question, that would be great.

Replies

• ainsley23
    ainsley23 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Kinda hard to explain the taste, do u like drinking regular tea black? It's similar but not as strong/bitter? You can get loads of different infusions of green tea though which i love, my favourites being green tea with mango and lychee or with blackcurrant x
  • Mrs16
    Mrs16 Posts: 86
    Options
    Order one from a Starbucks or Tim hortons and see if you like it. That way you arent buying a while box. I drink mine black ( no sugar either) its not too bad.
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    pick up a takeout cup of it at your local Chinese restaurant:drinker:
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    It can taste like a lot of things depending on the tea. First of all (IMHO) loose tea is the only way to fly. I'm a tea lover who drinks about half gallon of hot tea daily (green/white), but I can't stand tea from tea bags.

I would say many green teas have a grassy quality to em. My favorite are Jasmine pearls. It's not all the same though, so experiment. If there's a Teavana in your area, stop by there and look into sampling a tea.
  • keithmctaggart
    Options
    You also get a very nice one from Tetley.......green tea with honey.....MMmmmm tasty.
  • bonjourkate
    Options
    Thank you for all the suggestions everyone, shall definitely be trying different infusions before finding my favourite and buying a box!

Thank you and good luck with your weightloss :)