Which HRM / Workout tracker?

Options
I was going to get the Garmin 405 from Costco, but I checked the online reviews and it says it's garbage when wet (which I live in BC so it will be wet with sweat or rain every time I use it)

So which would you recommend? Price is not important.

Thanks!

Replies

• tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    Anything Polar. There are many different price ranges depending on which one you choose. I read lots of reviews before I bought mine and Polar had the best. It is also water resistant enough to swim with it just warns not to press buttons when in water. Rain and sweat won't hurt it one bit.
  • kettle_belle83
    kettle_belle83 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and love it. It's supposed to be water resistant up to 30m though I can't personally say I've tested that out.
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm a scuba diver but I can tell you I won't be testing it there haha.
  • dzinergrl18
    dzinergrl18 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love Polar products. Have had the F11 and just got the FT40. I think they're really accurate, (as much as can be!) and haven't had any issues with it. Go to polarusa.com and you can compare side by side to see what you would need. There are ones for fitness, cycling, running. I got mine on ebay for about $40-$50 under retail.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both have Garmin 305's and LOOOOOVE them. With the humidity/sweat here in Texas, have never had a problem with it getting wet and this includes in the rain. I used to have a Polar and it was ok, but the Garmin was much more accurate.
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    I love Polar products. Have had the F11 and just got the FT40. I think they're really accurate, (as much as can be!) and haven't had any issues with it. Go to polarusa.com and you can compare side by side to see what you would need. There are ones for fitness, cycling, running. I got mine on ebay for about $40-$50 under retail.

Agree! Figure out which one you want and then go to amazon. I also purchased mine cheaper there.
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    My mom just found a polar F11 in her closet with the strap.... SCORE. Battery dead so gonna replace it tomorrow.
  • DarcieC2389
    DarcieC2389 Posts: 146
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and it is somewhat water resistant as long as you don't press the buttons in the water.