Encouragement buddies wanted!

Options
Hello!! I'm looking for friends who can help encourage me with kind words and news of their progress!

I'm a recent college grad, 21, just got a new job, and would love to really invest myself in making 'me' the best I can, starting on the inside :) I'm learning to love healthy foods, but fall into some major early evening snacking and emotional eating. I also really hate exercise and get stuck in that rut. I'm 5'8, and yoyo between 205-220 without any effort, but can't seem to get over that hump.

I've done weight watchers, but like mfp better because it's easier for me to see where I've messed up (too many carbs? not enough protein?) and it's an easier online interface.

Any recommendations on motivations, healthy/easy/inexpensive recipes or exercise tips?

Add me, and best of luck on your journey as well! :)

Replies

• Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    You can add me : )
  • felicity_phillips
    Options
    Added you!

For inexpensive activities & stuff, I often download workout videos via utorrent. I go onto Amazon & pick out videos I like and download them onto my laptop :)
  • sye18
    sye18 Posts: 9
    Options
    add me as well!!!
  • Koalaboo
    Koalaboo Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I shall add you!

Right now, I'm in the same weight range you mentioned, except I'm three inches shorter than you, haha. Would love to have you as a buddy!
  • GoBucks96
    GoBucks96 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! Sounds like we have VERY similar issues and in the same height and weight range!!
  • EmmaLB1990
    EmmaLB1990 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome to mfp! I'm terrible with evening snacking, so I've just made it that we have no snacks in and that way I can't eat them! Also I've been trying to snack on things like weetabix or things which aren't bad for me. When I get a bit lacking in motivation I make sure to come on here and just see how well everyone is doing as it makes me not want to fall back into bad habits, and when it gets especially bad I just try to picture in my head the body I would like! Don't know if that's of any help, but it helps me!

Good luck with everything!

x
  • emmuci
    emmuci Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
    I usually am motivated and lack no motivation, am optimistic and like sports!!!
  • lussya
    lussya Posts: 19
    Options
    heey :) you can add me as well. I'm new here and we're the same height :D
  • swill290
    swill290 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey I'm a recent college grad as well.

I haven't found a job as of yet but I am under a bit of stress from that. But I have been trying to focus my energy into working out more and eating better, I am trying to eat healthier but my budget doesn't allow that so much. But I will definitely love to talk to someone who is going through similar issues as me. If you want you can add me as well plus I'm also new to this website
  • Naturally_sassy0525
    Naturally_sassy0525 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You can add me!!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like! I dropped over 100 pounds alone and joined MFP recently to get through my plateau and lose the last 25.

Also, here's a recipe for a cheap vegetarian chili that I love:

1 680-mL can tomato sauce
    2 540-mL cans of beans (I use red kidney beans and black beans)
    1 large zucchini
    1/2 medium sweet onion
    2-3 stalks celery
    1/2 medium sweet green pepper
    3-5 white mushrooms
    3-4 pieces of fresh garlic
    1-2 tbsp chili powder depending on how spicy you like it
    anything else you like in chili (you can also remove anything you don't like)

Dice and saute the onion until it's browning at the edges (or throw it in raw if you like it strong), chop everything up and throw it in a pot, heat it over medium-low for about 15 minutes and then let it simmer on the lowest setting for a couple hours. I personally like to go take a nice long walk while it's cooking, so I come back ready to eat. It makes about 10 healthy, satisfying meals rich in both protein and fiber for well under $10 - I have mine with half of a whole wheat pita, cut up into triangles and baked for 5-10 minutes, and I still log under 250 calories and feel full for hours. :)
  • thaze90
    thaze90 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    anyone can feel free to add me.
  • lks2gab
    lks2gab Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I just re-joined today hoping to get what I need to complete this journey. I too am a previous weight watchers member. You can add me if you wish