Hello from the pacific nw

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm new to myfitnesspal. I think what's different about my attempt to get fit this time around is that I would like to incorporate the changes I make daily as a lifestyle rather than having an end date, anyone feel the same? I have had numerous diets in the past that were all for 'milestone' events- a wedding an ex would show up to (hee hee), a highschool/college reunion, a job interview. What's been consistent is that after each event I lapsed back into poor eating habits and a sedentary lifestyle.

On top of everything else, I also have binge eating disorder (high fructose corn syrup is ubiquitous and nasty) so I'm hoping that by journaling my food progress and assessing my hunger levels I'll be better at things like
1) not waiting for my blood sugar to plummet and searching for the high carb food to satiate me
2)have the right emergency snacks readily available (fruit, veggies, nuts, protein bar)
3)develop a cadence for planning my meals ahead of time (to avoid #1)

I'd like to change things around and try to be more realistic with these mini changes I make day to day. So we'll see how it goes!

Replies

• Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Howdy! What part of the pnw are you in?
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    :smile: hi sounds good to me , i'm all about it being a Life style change too,
    I think if you are prone to weight gain then it has to be a Life changing thing otherwise you just keep doing circles.
    Good luck I wish you all the very best.
    add me as a friend if you want, :smile:
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    Hi, add me if you would like, I am in the PNW as well
  • tobykang
    tobykang Posts: 24
    Options
    Seattle.I see you're from Tumwater. We're still wearing our north faces in June huh? :)
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Seattle.I see you're from Tumwater. We're still wearing our north faces in June huh? :)

Lol. Actually, I'm one of those who breaks out the short sleeves when we start having highs in the 50s. :wink:
  • sarasmile144
    sarasmile144 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am from the Pacific NW as well :)