Does anyone here do Insanity?

Options
I just started yesterday, and I'm curious how you're logging it into MFP.

Replies

• adrijordan
    adrijordan Posts: 28
    Options
    I put it under Circuit Training. And i use a HRM with it.
  • lissymae11
    lissymae11 Posts: 71
    Options
    Alright thanks! I don't have a heart rate monitor, but I guess I could just go with circuit training... maybe i'll underestimate a little just to be safe :)
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I do and i use my hrm (heart rate monitor) if u used the insanity booklet to figure your daily calories u don't eat the calories burned back so I don't log mine in my exercise but post them on my profile so my calories don't say I am under everyday.
  • bookie222
    bookie222 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hey i'm on week 2 day 2 of insanity. i use a polar ft7 hrm and i just log it in manually with the calories according to my hrm. highly suggest you get a good hrm for insanity! it helps u push even harder if your heart rate isn't as up as it's supposed to. good luck! =]
  • lbki11
    lbki11 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Week 2 tomorrow. I have an HRM and I manually add the exercise and calories burned. I advise getting an HRM as well if you can swing it. MFP is not very accurate (I've found). I have a Polar FT4 that I got through Bodytronics.com for 'bout $60. Super fast delivery and very easy to set up.
  • wendyjo3
    wendyjo3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yep- as the other posters have said, a HRM will be your best bet :)
  • mmarin81
    mmarin81 Posts: 241
    Options
    I completed it about 3 weeks or so ago and I used a hrt monitor. Before that I was logging it as about 600 cal.
  • lissymae11
    lissymae11 Posts: 71
    Options
    thanks everyone! sounds like the heart rate monitor is the way to go :)
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    each day u will burn differently. i go from about 200 for the recovery day first month to almost 600 on the days u have to do the two workouts on month one.