Getting my feet wet

Options
cbevan1229
cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
Hello all!

I'm Christine. 34, married, full time mental health therapist, no kids, living in Charlotte, NC.

I've been up and down in my weight since high school, and am currently in an "up" phase, although not at my heaviest. I'm setting my goal at 16 lbs - 20% of my body weight. My hope is to lose the weight without eating "diet" foods. I'm going to really bulk up on the fruits and veggies, and say no to packaged convenience foods. One struggle has been the lunches at work - they're free which has been nice, but not health conscious or low calorie by any stretch - lots of fried foods and melted cheese, plus sweet tea with every meal. One big change I'll make is to start brown bagging it every day.

I just joined MFP today, and would be glad for any buddies who want to provide some mutual support, encouragement, and butt kicking when necessary.

Replies

• elanaknt
    elanaknt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey! I am just beginning too, and also from NC--Wilmington. You can add me if you like. :)
  • barians
    barians Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Christine and welcome to MFP. It's been a tremendous help to me so far and it really helps to build a support community. Feel free to friend me if you like.
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm setting my goal at 18 lbs - 10% of my body weight.

oops.
    math.
    fail.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    LOL! Anybody that messes up math like me is more than welcome to friend me! :wink: