Hello I'm New, Having technical difficulties (help)

Options
Hello! I'm excited to be here! This is my bday gift to myself: becoming the lean, fit & strong me I've always dreamed of ;) I signed up in January, but didn't get started until yesterday,

I entered my first day of foods & excercise yesterday & after I hit the button to complete the day's entries, it said I'd GAIN 1.5 lbs in 5 weeks! Ugh. I can't figure out what happened. When I did the questionaire, it said I'd loose .5 lbs a week w/ 3x/wk excercise & my calorie intake, so why did it say I'd gain after I completed my diary for the day? BTW, I was a few calories under my limit for the day. I'm discouraged :(

Does anyone know what I can do to change it? I can't find my way back to the questionaire page that I filled out in the begining either...

Thank you for your help & let's keep going! (even though day one kind of sucked)

Replies

• La1210
    La1210 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Hard to say without actually looking at your diary. If you make it public you could get better feedback. But I'm guessing that some of the foods you ate may have been high in fats or carbs. Also did you have any exercise that day?
  • AFitJamie
    AFitJamie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi Sabrina.

The message you see is a simple extrapolation assuming that, as it says, every day for the next 5 weeks is the same as "today". SO, your calorie count for the day was over what MFP thinks is the calorie count that you burn in a day. (this is based on your height, weight, gender, and daily activity level that you told MFP.) The target is then simply a reduction of that daily calorie target for the amount of weight you tell MFP you want to lose (to a minimum calorie intake of 1200 - just because that is what MFP thinks is a minimum intake for anyone.)

Any chance you set MFP goals to add instead of lose? Or not see the total calorie intake for the day? Without seeing some of the details it is hard to say specifically what happened with the daily summary... Feel free to Friend me if you'd like to have someone who will help you with the MFP basics.... I'd be glad to help.

Edit (typos)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,041 Member
    Options

Does anyone know what I can do to change it? I can't find my way back to the questionaire page that I filled out in the begining either...

Thank you for your help & let's keep going! (even though day one kind of sucked)

Go to

MY HOME>Settings> Update diet/fitness profile

Link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided
  • AFitJamie
    AFitJamie Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Go to

MY HOME>Settings> Update diet/fitness profile

Link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided

Right! ^^^^^^ and this :happy:
  • RCtransformed
    Options
    Hi! thanks so much for replying :smile:

yes I did excercise & was under my calorie intake...
  • RCtransformed
    Options
    Hi! thank you for your help ;) I'll go back to the questionaire (now that I know the way) & check it out again. I was under my calorie intake for the day w/ the excercise added. When I set up the #'s, it told me I would LOSE .5lbs a week so I was shocked to see the GAIN 1.5 lbs in 5 weeks! eek!

I'd love to friend you but don't know how.... I saw the pull down menu next to your name which offered the option of "sending a msg", so maybe that will work.

Thank you SO much!
  • RCtransformed
    Options
    Oh, thank you for the link! perfect :smile:
  • RCtransformed
    Options
    OMG! I figured it out!!! Thanks for all your help & the link back to my fitness goals!

I actually told the fitness calculator that I wanted to GAIN .5 lbs a week instead of LOSE! I was really tired when I was setting it up (sheesh!). And I gotta say, my calorie total for the day is now quite different. eek! I thought it was a lot of food to be eating to lose weight (LOL!) but now.... bummer! I better watch it for the rest of the day!

Well, off to excercise. Have a great day everybody!:heart: I hope everyone hits their goals for the day:glasses:
  • RCtransformed
    Options
    Thank you so much! :flowerforyou: