weekend Hobbies

Options
riiah86
riiah86 Posts: 35
What are some of your weekend hobbies, or things you like to do alone on the weekends to keep yourself occupied?

Replies

• Flugangst
    Flugangst Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm always working on the weekends. That keeps me pretty busy. Same during the week. After work, it's straight to the Gym.
  • Flugangst
    Flugangst Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    PS- I think you're absolutely STUNNING.
  • guby44
    guby44 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like biking, walking, reading (fiction mostly). Knitting, gardening, watching Lost, lol. Long baths with bubbles and candles! That's always a nice weekend thing.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Wait! The week ENDS?
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    READING, scrapbooking, walking, hiking, swimming, gardening
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    had to work today - as I do every saturday - but not until the afternoon. which still left me about five hours of fly fishing. and tomorrow is my first weekend day ... and I believe I shall throw a slab of meat on the grill.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    * Sleep * Read * Work out * Play Cards * Play my guitar * Get out my Kareoke Machine and sing * Walk......so much I want to do all the time, but most of the time not enough hours in the day.
  • jlenz74
    jlenz74 Posts: 30
    Options
    I like to read and perform with my belly dance troupe at local city festivals.:happy:
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    Hobie cat sailing!
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Playing video games, bike riding, leisure runs, hookah sessions... generally just chilling :)
  • TXPaul
    TXPaul Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hanging out with my daughter and motorcycles.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I usually raid with my EverQuest guild on Saturday afternoons, but most weekends from spring through the fall I can be found running around ren faires and pirate festivals playing dress-up and firing dangerous black powder weaponry.... :smile:
  • riiah86
    Options
    PS- I think you're absolutely STUNNING.

Thank You!
  • riiah86
    Options
    I read and I'm trying to get in to scrapbooking, but most of my hobbies are vein. So I'm trying to pick up some new things to do on the weekends besides getting together with my girlfriend and going for something to eat.lol
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Reading, listening to music, cleaning the house, laundry, playing with the cats, going out to restaurants, going to shows (music or comedy), lounging around, going to the movies, cooking, reading, reading, reading. Bumming around on the internet. Playing video games.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I usually raid with my EverQuest guild on Saturday afternoons, but most weekends from spring through the fall I can be found running around ren faires and pirate festivals playing dress-up and firing dangerous black powder weaponry.... :smile:

Gotta love a girl that can handle a flintlock...... I do Civil War re-enacting but not as active in it as I'd like to be recently (money).

Mostly my weekend hobbies are the same as my mid-week workouts. Running, yoga, weight lifting. That's pretty much it.
  • kiwianjel
    kiwianjel Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Reading, spending time with my partner and kids and recently I went to a cake decorating class with a girfriend and since then im keen to learn more so am baking and decorating a cake for the school 'green day' tomorrow .. wish me luck :)
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Tonight, I'm going to be sewing a tiered, gypsy skirt. I think I will have to alter it, though...as it's already too big for me.
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I read and I'm trying to get in to scrapbooking, but most of my hobbies are vein. So I'm trying to pick up some new things to do on the weekends besides getting together with my girlfriend and going for something to eat.lol

Reading is a great past time hobby for me. I took a new look at *eating out* and rather than going out to eat with friends, we are all coming together to make a new healthy meal together. It's been neat to do and doesn't cost as much as when I tried new recipes by myself because we share the cost of the ingredients and some of us already have some of them on hand so it's even less expensive. Now, IF we happen to open a bottle of wine the conversation gets even better and we all have a wonderful time. Try it, you'll amaze yourself!
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Working ( Which I love )
    Seeing my Dad
    Long dog walks on sundays