Weight loss tips

Options
Looking for weight loss tips that work...and work fast;-)

Replies

• mikek333
    mikek333 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Tip #1: eat 500 cal LESS than what you burn each day
    Tip #2: stay away from quick fixes

Hope this helps
  • TenderBranson
    TenderBranson Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Remove a limb surgically.

But seriously there are a ton of posts here with tons of info. Not neccessarily "tips" but there aren't very many people can give that haven't already been regurtiated here.

-Eat Less
    -Strength train
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options

Hope this helps

^ this
  • Truebeauty101
    Truebeauty101 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

But seriously there are a ton of posts here with tons of info. Not neccessarily "tips" but there aren't very many people can give that haven't already been regurtiated here.

.........? Just asking for help.
  • Truebeauty101
    Truebeauty101 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Hope this helps

Thanks!! Every little bit helps...
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Develop willpower.

I can walk through a packed food court or have easily accessable snacks staring me in the face when I open the cupboard, and yet I can resist.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Don't look for the fast, easy quick fix! Look at it as changes you have to make to last a lifetime.

Simply ditch all the processed foods, keep your protein high and eat you veggies. Don't forget to exercise...daily!!!
  • felicity_phillips
    Options
    Take some vitamins - vitamin D is great to lose weight.
    Don't drink pop
    Exercise everyday, even if it's just a 20 minute walk.
    If you need some creative ideas for food, look up recipes on Dr. Oz's website, he has lots of great recipes for every meal that are low-cal & if not, are great for you in some way :)
  • peasgarden
    peasgarden Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'll share with you the ones i follow:
    **Eat stablishing goals based on your personal needs!
    For example: You can choose to have one treat food daily as a snack like...:
    - dark chocolate with strawberries!
    - Cup of warm chocolate or coffee
    - Homemade smotthie
    -Homemade spamed or grilled fries
    - toasted almonds with splenda!

The daily treat can motivate you to make good healthy choices through the day!

**Portion is key in your food plate.
    ** Don't compare yourself with others, every person is unique and we all are very diverse reacting emotionally and physically.

**If you had more than one cheat days or did'nt make healthy choices while eating view is as a learning experience and think about tomorow a new day and oportunity!

**Live day by day! :)
  • Simomofmich
    Simomofmich Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Think thin. Think positive.. Think lifestyle change. Quick fixes do not stay around for too long.

Drink a 16-20 ounce bottle of water before you eat.

Walk 3 times a week. Not too leisurely .

The 500 cals under whatever you RBM is your goal with 1000 always being your bare minimum.

Lower your carbs, increase your proteins.

Eat something every 3-4 hours so your metabolism never rests.

I'm sure others will disagree on some parts, but this is what worked for me.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Hope this helps

This is pretty much it. If I may add though, be patient. It will seem long and hard (teehee) but you didn't gained all that weight in one day and you won't lose it in one day.

Also, when you have a bad day in terms of diet and exercise, don't beat yourself up. Instead, use that energy to focus again.

Donot deny yourself yummy food. You will not last if you did that. However, focus on quality rather than quantity. If you want a burger, instead of gnawing on some crappy McD's, go to a nice sitdown restaurant, order yourself a nice and savory burger, enjoy it because your next goal should be to stay away from that for a while.

Edit: crawl before you walk, walk before you jog, jog before you run! Don't try to kill yourself working out. I was burning 2500 calories per day and guess what! I couldn't do it for long. I had a breakdown and fell off the wagon for few weeks. Now I'm happy working out what I can, I burn less than 1000 calories per day and I'm happy with it. I still push myself but I try not to kill myself doing it. Remember, its a marathon, not a race
  • Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    This;) Or two limbs for major loss:)
  • angelashay42
    angelashay42 Posts: 286
    Options
    If you didn't gain the weight in a month, you're not going to lose it in a month. Weight loss isn't fast and it isn't easy. Accept that early on and you'll do fine. It took me 4 months to lose 20 lbs. My best advice, stay focused towards a goal. Believe in yourself.
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Drink a lot of water, your body is most efficient when its fully hydrated, plus sometimes dehydration will make you feel hungry instead of thirsty.
  • xoxobollywood1991
    Options
    I don't think you'll ever lose weight with just dieting. You have to do exercises too. Not anything intensive exercise like running, but as light as walking! That's good enough to lose weight along with healthy eating and drinking plenty of water. And please think like this " I can lose weight if I stop all the sugar, carbs , fats" and so on. Because that's hard in the long run. You will black out , and you need carbs as well. But first, remind yourself that losing weight doesn't happen overnight ;)
  • luzmidd
    luzmidd Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Eat less salt, walk 60 minutes a day, drink 3 liters of water, and stick to proteins... I'm a Dukan diet fan...
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I would agree with lots of these. the best is probably the water and eating small frequent meals. Will power is my issue. I know what to do, but struggle making myself stick to it for the long haul!
  • indy_jh
    indy_jh Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm only speaking from experience on this, since I'm no guru...

But, one thing that works for me: cut out the carbs. (I know, I know... ALL experts tell you to eat carbs.)

Well, if you simply want to lose some weight, don't eat them. Yes, you'll feel like dried poop (and yes, I KNOW what dried poop feels like...), but you'll lose more weight on a low-carb diet than any other.

WHY does a no-carb diet work??? I already said that I'm not an expert, but here is my opinion: Your body readily uses the carbs that you ingest, and it takes a while to suck out the stuff it needs from your fat cells. SO, when you eat carbs and some fat, your body uses the carbs and stores the fat.

Don't take my friggin' word for this; just try it for a while. (Not forever, because after a while you'll die on such a louzy diet...) But, use it to lose some excess weight and then go back to a BALANCED diet.