The Final 10 Pounds

Options
Hello all. I'm looking to connect with others that are working to lose the final 10 pounds before they reach their goal weight. I've heard that this weight is the hardest to lose, but I'm ready to meet and crush that challenge in order to improve my body as much as possible during June. :) I just finished my second to last semester of college (the last one will be spent in Spain so I want a rocking body by then) and have no concrete plans this summer so I'm planning on working out like it's my job, that is two-a-day workouts and lots of physical activity in between. I would love more friends that share a similar mindset as we head into these summer months so feel free to add me! I'm becoming quite the health and fitness nut.

Replies

• cjv428
    cjv428 Posts: 124
    Options
    Bump. I can't be the only one!
  • billiestern
    billiestern Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have 10 pounds to lose to get to my goal weight. I am currently at 125 pounds and would like to weigh around 115, I am 5.2. It seems like my body wants to hang at this weight, I don't feel comfortable, especially with my stomach.

Any suggestions?
  • hecham
    hecham Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. =)
  • final10
    final10 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That's me! For the past 2 months I haven't lost any lbs or inches. Mainly because I've gotten really slack and slipping back into old habits. My excuse is my daughter was really sick and now I just have a head cold. I need more people to push me and remind me it's only 10lbs!!
  • cjv428
    Options
    I have 10 pounds to lose to get to my goal weight. I am currently at 125 pounds and would like to weigh around 115, I am 5.2. It seems like my body wants to hang at this weight, I don't feel comfortable, especially with my stomach.

Any suggestions?

I would suggest weight lifting if you don't already. I am in a similar position as you in that I want to lower my body fat percentage and finally get rid of the last of my stomach and thigh flab. My plan of attack is as follows.

1. Heavy weight lifting - I've been dabbling in New Rules of Lifting, but am switching over to Stronglifts 5x5 tomorrow. When I lack gym access, I make sure that I include some strength training in my routine (yoga mostly, but occasionally I do POP Pilates videos at blogilates.com). Strength training can't be underestimated because I really want to maintain the lean body mass that I already have.
    2. Clean eating - I eat a lot of protein and healthy fats and very little processed carbohydrates. I don't eat bread or grains, but haven't been able to give up fruit yet. I hear that fruit consumption really hinders a flat stomach (from blogilates.com and also a magazine article about Eva Longoria), but I love fruit. I might try to cut down my fruit consumption soon. My diet is paleo-influenced, but I wouldn't say it is a paleo or primal diet. I definitely do not eat breads, grains, or pasta though. That's a non-negotiable. I also don't really have cheat meals and consume ~1500 calories per day (typically more).
    3. High water intake - If you are dehydrated, your body stores water causing your stomach to appear puffy. I picked this tip up on these forums so I stay plenty hydrated (at the very minimum eight cups per day) so I don't have to worry about appearing fatter than I actually am.
    4. Cardio - I am going to try to fit in cardio at least 6x per week and maintain a very active lifestyle (for example, walking and bike riding) in order to continue losing weight. I typically eat back exercise calories from explicit workouts, but don't count walking as an exercise unless it is a hike with inclines or something.

I'm also 5'2, for the record.
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I did it about 2 mos ago. I am 5 ft2" and now weigh 110. And this is what I did: started following the primal blueprint - eat more protein and less carbs!
    I cut out high fiber everything- bagels, tortillas, bread, oatmeal. Keep your carbs under 100 and your protein around 100. I was and still am exercising 3-4xs a week. I have been doing that for as long as I can remember (I'm 48).
    You can still have fruit- just don't eat it all day long like I used to. half a banana and a half cup of berries is plenty. YOu can have as much veggies as you want.
    You can eat fish, chicken,ham, eggs, red meat (lean), nuts,and use almond butter instead of peanut butter.
    Dairy- replace flavored yogurt with greek non fat plain and add cinnamon/berries/ honey or art. sweetener. I used the unsweetened almond milks (choc and vanilla) for my protein shakes. I use real butter and cheese.

and repeat after me, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phill. 4:13
    :smile: that includes eating healthy and exercising!
  • cjv428
    Options
    I did it about 2 mos ago. I am 5 ft2" and now weigh 110. And this is what I did: started following the primal blueprint - eat more protein and less carbs!
    I cut out high fiber everything- bagels, tortillas, bread, oatmeal. Keep your carbs under 100 and your protein around 100. I was and still am exercising 3-4xs a week. I have been doing that for as long as I can remember (I'm 48).
    You can still have fruit- just don't eat it all day long like I used to. half a banana and a half cup of berries is plenty. YOu can have as much veggies as you want.
    You can eat fish, chicken,ham, eggs, red meat (lean), nuts,and use almond butter instead of peanut butter.
    Dairy- replace flavored yogurt with greek non fat plain and add cinnamon/berries/ honey or art. sweetener. I used the unsweetened almond milks (choc and vanilla) for my protein shakes. I use real butter and cheese.

and repeat after me, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phill. 4:13
    :smile: that includes eating healthy and exercising!

I am a total all-day fruit nommer; I ate 5 apples alone yesterday, haha. I assure you that's a crazy day though. It was my last day in my dorm and I was running seriously low on food. Thank you for your advice though. It is immensely helpful and I will assimilate it into my arsenal. I know I really need to cut out the vanilla Chobani and switch to plain ASAP. Thanks for the kick in the butt on that one.

Why do you suggest almond butter over peanut butter? I just got a Vitamix for my birthday and was thinking about making my own nut butters. I'd love to hear anyone's suggestions/opinions about that.
  • apeecaleb
    apeecaleb Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am going crazy trying to loose these last 10lbs.....It's been three months and no change. I am proud of the weight I've lost but I;m not ready to be done yet;) I have been upping my cals to mess with my metabolism and have started 30DS to try and get some results...Good luck with your 10lbs and if you come up with any ideas I would love to hear them;)))) ~April
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have a few to lose myself but not quite 10. I'm mostly focused on body fat% and tightening things up. My way of eating is similar to yours. I'm 5'2" and weigh 114. Ive been letting the junk back into my diet little by little and I need to stop it now. Add me if you'd like.

On my iPhone..excuse the typos
  • cjv428
    Options
    Bump in case anyone else wants to be friends!
  • ShellyShuey
    ShellyShuey Posts: 162
    Options
    I have been stuck on the last 10 pounds for two weeks! Friend me!
  • cjv428
    Options
    I have been stuck on the last 10 pounds for two weeks! Friend me!

Totally added you, girl!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I'm on my final 10 as well. sooo hard :/
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    All the best to the "10 pounders" That is my first goal, then we shall see. I really just want to exchange my 10 lbs of fat for 10 lbs of muscle. :-)
  • cjv428
    Options
    All the best to the "10 pounders" That is my first goal, then we shall see. I really just want to exchange my 10 lbs of fat for 10 lbs of muscle. :-)

You and I both.
  • ShellyShuey
    ShellyShuey Posts: 162
    Options
    That is some serious self control!