Baked tilapia?

Options
SportyChick07
SportyChick07 Posts: 675 Member
What are some good baked tilapia recipes?

Replies

• red1123
    red1123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with this broiled tilapia parmesan recipe. I make it at least once a week.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/broiled-tilapia-parmesan/
  • muchachitalinda
    Options
    cut individual pieces of tinfoil big enough to make individual pockets to include the tilapia fillet add lots of spinach, onions, bell peppers, jalapenos, cilantro (if you like it spicy) salt, pepper a little olive oil so fish won't stick to foil close tinfoil wraps and bake for around 30 min depending on thickness of fish, serve with lime and tabasco
  • SportyChick07
    SportyChick07 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will try both recipes. :-)
  • SilentJo
    SilentJo Posts: 66
    Options
    I just baked some tilapia tonight for dinner. I'd like to try something new next time but I usually just keep it simple and put them on a foil lined sheet and coat both sides with cajun seasoning (though I got my hands on some Old Bay and boy has that been a tasty addition!) and bake at around 350-375 degrees for about 10 minutes (I just keep checking mine until they are noticeably done and flakey). I'll keep an eye on this topic though so I can do something new the next time I make it!

jo
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    wow I just had that for lunch...but im simple...w/onions in the toaster oven...lol sorry
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    http://cleaneatingmag.com/Search-Results.aspx?recipeQuery=tilapia

Those arent baked tilapia but they might interest you
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with this broiled tilapia parmesan recipe. I make it at least once a week.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/broiled-tilapia-parmesan/

I make that one too :wink:
  • Karenkimberly
    Karenkimberly Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I really love tilapia. I have never tried it baked. I can honestly say Im scared....LOL! I am going to take y'all advice. I'm baking it next time.
  • seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    I've baked mine in foil in a labne spinach sauce. Fish is the only meat we eat in the house and we LOVE the george foreman for it
  • wanniet
    wanniet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have never tried tilapia...but will now. I would like to try a few of these different versions
  • ambutler0905
    Options
    This recipe is from the biggest loser cook book. I love it. I also us it with chicken.

Servings: Serves 4

Ingredients

2/3 cup canned fire-roasted diced tomatoes
    12 small green olives with pimientos (sometimes called manzillas), cut into quarters
    1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. minced onion
    1 tsp. freshly crushed garlic or minced garlic
    1 pound tilapia fillets
    Olive oil in a sprayer (not store-bought spray that contains propellant)
    Salt
    Ground black pepper

Directions

Preheat the oven to 400°. In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes (and their juice), olives, onion and garlic until mixed. Lightly mist the fillets on both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in a single layer in an 11" x 7" glass or ceramic baking dish or the equivalent. Top evenly with the tomato mixture. Roast until the fish flakes easily and is no longer translucent in the center, 10 to 12 minutes.

Reprinted from: The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook by Chef Devin Alexander and the Biggest Loser Experts and Cast © 2009 by Universal Studios Licensing LLLP. The Biggest Loser™ and NBC Studios, Inc., and Reveille LLC. Permission granted by Rodale, Inc., Emmaus, PA 18098. Available wherever books are sold or directly from the publisher by calling (800) 848-4735.

Read more: http://www.oprah.com/food/Roasted-Tilapia-with-Fire-Roasted-Tomatoes-and-Olives#ixzz1wlPQFk4f
  • slimab54
    slimab54 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oprah's former (I think) cook, Rosey had a great little cookbook called " In the Kitchen with Rosey" There is a recipe for fish/chicken where it is dipped in fat free plain yogurt, coated with bread crumbs seasoned with Old Bay Seasoning and baked in the oven using pan spray...if you don't want to use the spray-full of chemicals- you could use olive oil in a mister....keep turning and spray or mist....gets crispy and crunchy, just as good as fried, with minimal fat....
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I think I'll try these recipes too. I love Tilapia in the box, I think it's High Liner Selects Multigrain Tilapia. The crust on it is awesome but probably better to make my own from scratch.
  • EmilyLStuart
    EmilyLStuart Posts: 172
    Options
    For quickest and easiest method...spray non stick skillet with Pam (or olive oil). Lightly dust tilapia in Cajun Seasoning (I use Zatarain's Blackened Seasoning). Cook on medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side.

Fast, super healthy, and yum!
  • thranowski
    thranowski Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I had tilapia tonight. I just put it in a baking pan and drizzled it with fresh squeezed lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper, minced garlic and dry parsley flakes. Baked it at 375 for 30 minutes and served it with rice (made with half water and half fat free chicken stock), and asparagus with toasted chopped peanuts also drizzled with olive oil, salt, pepper, and mince garlic (I baked the asparagus in the oven at the same time, but for only 15 minutes).
  • leslieanne1010
    leslieanne1010 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump