Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Share your favorite salmon and tilapia recipes!

ryvenna
ryvenna Posts: 83 Member
I hated the seafood, but this year, I fell in love with salmon and a few weeks ago, I began to eat (and enjoy!) tilapia.

Here's my favorite salmon dish-- I made it for dinner tonight:
Marinate salmon with teriyaki sauce (I used Trader Joe's soyaki sauce) and green onions for at least 1 hr. Then, sear it on the stove, 2 minutes per side on medium-high heat. Add about 1/4 cup of water and let it steam for 7 minutes, or until the fish easily flakes apart when prodded with a fork.

I served my dinner (6 oz of cooked salmon w/ 1 tbsp of soyaki sauce) with basmati rice... 400 cals total :]

Let the recipe sharing begin!

Replies

• jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    For tilapia:

1 tbsp paprika
    1/4 tsp cayenne
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1 tsp salt
    3/4 tbsp garlic powder
    1/8 tsp curry powder
    1/4 tbsp dried thyme

Mix everything together, sprinkle ONE side of the fish generously, and either bake or pan-fry until flaky :)

For salmon (we always use an entire fillet or two) I bake at 400* for 20 minutes or until flaky. Just sprinkle it with salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne and a drizzle of oil. It's delicious!
  • Lupiemomma30
    Lupiemomma30 Posts: 140 Member
    For tilapia:

1 tbsp paprika
    1/4 tsp cayenne
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1 tsp salt
    3/4 tbsp garlic powder
    1/8 tsp curry powder
    1/4 tbsp dried thyme

Mix everything together, sprinkle ONE side of the fish generously, and either bake or pan-fry until flaky :)

For salmon (we always use an entire fillet or two) I bake at 400* for 20 minutes or until flaky. Just sprinkle it with salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne and a drizzle of oil. It's delicious!

I'm going to try this tonight!!!!