Gained Weight

Options
I have no idea what I did this week but some how I managed to gain pretty much all my weight back that I had lost the week before. I was only able to work out once last week but still managed to eat with in my calorie limit. HELPPPP!!!!!!!! I need motivation and answers. In 2 weeks I will be at the beach and I was wanting to have lost some weight.

Replies

• fullagrace
    fullagrace Posts: 75
    Options
    Cut out carbs
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Cut out carbs

lol. nope.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    perhaps it's just water
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    open your diary so we can take a peek, then we can give better advice
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary and we have no idea how much you have gained back. Anything between 1 - 5lbs is water weight or general daily fluctuations with your body. Provide us with some cold numbers and we'll be able to better help. Cutting carbs is not the answer though, lol!
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    if you didn't eat over your calorie limit then it's pretty likely you just ingested too much sodium and you are bloated. Get in lots of water, limit prepackaged or canned foods, and sweat a little, and that should help. :) Don't only rely on the scale, especially if you don't look at your sodium you're ingesting. Even soda pop has a lot of sodium.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Unless it's a significant amount of weight (as in more than 10lbs) I wouldn't worry about gaining it back. Just try to fit in a few minutes of strength/weights and cardio if your schedule's busy. Do some lifting at your desk, walk around the block in the early morning before going to work, etc.

Also take a look at what you eat. You may be within your limit, but exactly what's going in your body? Certain foods like grains, starches, and even fruits for their sugar can be bad unless moderated.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of different factors that can influence the number on the scale. Don't let it get you down, you will still lose. Have you had any high-sodium meals lately? That can reflect for a few days. It can be a number of factors.
  • new318
    new318 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    OK I see what a lot of ppl are saying and they could be right, but it could also be that youve gained muscle which weighs more in the place of the fat you lost. I wouldnt stress if your inches are getting smaller :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    it could also be that youve gained muscle which weighs more in the place of the fat you lost.

lol, nope
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Is it perhaps a time of the month where you would be retaining some water?? :wink: :wink: :wink: :laugh: :laugh:

Regardless - stop stressing about it!!! If you are making LIFESTYLE changes (which I really hope you are), you have to think about the big picture!! I'm not saying that wanting to look good in a bikini in two weeks is a bad thing, because we all have our *things* that we want to look extra good for.

Don't give up though - that is just silly. :happy:

You CAN do this!!! So you let up on your workouts a little last week...that just means that you can kill it this week!!!! Don't give up!! Focus on being a fit, healthy, happy, strong woman!!!!!
  • kathy68820
    kathy68820 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements. I was shocked when I had not lost anything after trying so hard and had lost so much it inches lost. It was amazing. Hope this helps!!!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Your body fluctuates all the time.

Did you consistently eat well, exercise regularly, drink plenty of water?

If so, then keep it up.

If not, then fix it.

Don't worry about one bad weigh in. Worry about a lifetime of good health.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!