When did you notice?

Options
When did you start noticing a change in what you look like?

How many lbs down were you?

When did you start really comparing before/after pictures.

I'm down 15lbs and decided to compare before/after pictures and just didn't notice much, which didn't feel good, but I know it's only 15lbs.

Replies

• sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    Prob about 20 pounds in...noticed clothes fitting looser...better...
  • sonjalucia
    sonjalucia Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I notice that my clothes loosen after as little as 5lbs. I notice my weight loss in my face usually, AND in the rear ;)
  • TamaraHaase
    TamaraHaase Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I notice that my clothes loosen after as little as 5lbs. I notice my weight loss in my face usually, AND in the rear ;)

^^ This^^ I was just comparing pics yesterday, and really I don't see much. Another place I have noticed is in a couple pairs of jeans that I couldn't get into when I first started this journey. And then there came the point where yeah they fit, but heck no I can't wear them, just look at that muffin top! And then I'd try them on again thinking, oh, this ain't bad. Now there isn't a muffin top to be found, even though I still expect there to be every time I put them on :smile: I think after I go down one more solid size, I'll start to feel, and hopefully notice, the changes.

This might sound strange, but one of the first places that really stands out to me is my thumbs, and they just started looking slimmer to me.
  • starscreensiren
    starscreensiren Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Funny enough tonight as I was dancing at a club. I walked into the bathroom and almost did a double take at how skinny I have become in comparison to my former self :)
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    at 15 pounds i noticed clothes fitting better, however i didn't think i looked any different... i still feel like a bloated blob :(
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your starting weight. 20 lbs off of a 100 lb person is 20% of their bodyweight whereas it's only 10% of a 200lb person. You're much more apt to notice 20% less of something than 10%.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    When did you start noticing a change in what you look like?

How many lbs down were you?

When did you start really comparing before/after pictures.

I'm down 15lbs and decided to compare before/after pictures and just didn't notice much, which didn't feel good, but I know it's only 15lbs.

about a month in, I had to get new workout pants. I had been wearing a 16/18, but I just couldn't keep them up--even with the drawstring. I bought 12/14s and my belly was very prominent, but I could fit in them. Slowly, even though the scale wasn't saying much, the belly was getting less prominent.

after I had been working out for 3 months, and had only lost about 7 pounds, a friend took a candid pic of me and posted it on FB. I was mortified at how bloated and fat I was. My tank top was snugger than I thought, and my belly was very defined--you could even see the outline of my belly button! about 6 weeks later I took a picture of myself in the same shirt, just for giggles and grins. You know what, I saw progress! I'm still fat, but my belly button doesn't show through my shirt, my belly isn't defined, and it doesn't look like my boobs are sitting on a belly shelf. I decided that every few weeks I will make an effort to take a pic in the same shirt so I can track progress :)

I'm only down 14.8 pounds---I started at 228.4 and I am currently 213.6. That's about 6-7% of my starting weight.
  • teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    at 15 pounds i noticed clothes fitting better, however i didn't think i looked any different... i still feel like a bloated blob :(

I agree with this too. At 15 pounds down I am down 2 sizes but I still feel like a blob and my belly is still large. But I notice the loss alot in my my face, neck and shoulders and my butt.
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I noticed it about a couple of weeks in...after losing about three pounds.

I was cursed with a "beer belly"; but once I changed my diet and became active, I watched it shrink. My sides are coming in, and my stomach is a lot smaller. My shirts so longer stretch over my tummy; my clothes are hanging off.

My arms are much more defined, and my collarbone is more prominent. Also, my butt is higher.

Best of luck to you! I hope you reach your goals. :drinker:
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I've noticed little things every week since I began. Thinner face and shoulders, less flabby stuff on my arms and legs. Now I'm noticing funny dimples in my belly when I tighten my abs and my elbows are really boney all of a sudden lol. Now that I'm 15 down, I notice my pants are pretty loose, thank god for belts!

Oh! and my husband grabs a butt A LOT more now lol so I guess that looks better :laugh:
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    At 15 pounds a pair of pants fit me a LOT better, but that's about it. I am very big, though, with 100 pounds to lose total so I don't expect to see a whole lot of change for a while. I still look exactly the same, just a few less inches here and there.
  • AshShayneSyd
    Options
    See I kinda notice pants feeling a bit looser on me, i'm always doing the annoying pulling them up thing.
    I just wish I saw more looking down at myself etc...

I was 220 now at 204-205.