progress so far...40 lbs lost, before and after pics

Options
Hi!
I wanted to share these photos with you in the hopes that they may motivate someone. I frequently come to the "Success Stories" part of MFP when I feel stuck in a rut or need a confidence booster. My peak weight was 290 and I was about 280 when the before pics were taken. I was 270 when I decided to join MFP in February and have lost 40lbs since joining. I know many have said it but it hasn't been easy! I've had days where I've gorged on everything in sight and days where I've cried into a 1/2 gallon of cookies and cream icecream. Despite this, I stayed focused and just got back on the wagon when I had an off day. The point is not to beat yourself when you fall off but to move on from it and climb back on! I thank all of you for you support and inspiring stories. I still have a ways to go but I'm super proud of my achievement thus far!

Anyone is welcome to add me for the extra support but please keep in mind that I really don't use MFP conventionally (i.e, I don't log my calories or my exercise).
:-)

Me at 280:
aIMG_0322.jpg

aIMG_0252.jpg

Me now:
aSANY1939.jpg

aSANY1928.jpg

Replies

• Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! I lost 42lbs and don't see THAT big a difference in myself at all! Way to go! =)
  • wittyusername
    Options
    Wow!!!! you look fantastic hun well done! x
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Woo-woo, mama, you look fabulous. Congratulations!
  • gcanter
    gcanter Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You look Fantastic! Keep up the good work.
  • Jking826
    Jking826 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!!
  • izzygetsbizzy
    izzygetsbizzy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! By no means am I "done"! I plan on posting in a couple months to reveal more progress!
  • Lizlicious2187
    Lizlicious2187 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    1. You are doing amaaazing.
    2. I absolutely love your style!
  • whutzup1
    whutzup1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    :smile: Awesome! Congrats...
  • Tywana
    Tywana Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!!:smile:
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Look at you cinching your waist in with a belt - SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!!!! You look FABULOUS!!!!!! =)
  • kathyrazz
    kathyrazz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! Congrats! :-)
  • AnewMe2cor5seventeen
    AnewMe2cor5seventeen Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you izzy you look Happy and are doing such an amazing job! Good For you!!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Keep going. You are definitely going in the right direction.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    You look awesome....great job! Congrats!!
  • stillthesamegirl
    stillthesamegirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing! I love you're style too! You're rocking it!
  • AshleyPaige1987
    AshleyPaige1987 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've lost 42 pounds and I don't see a difference in my body at all. You look great! Keep up the hard work.
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • melissab6968
    melissab6968 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Lookin good woman!!
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Holy snapping peas, you look fabulous!! Keep up the good work! You are right, not much of this is easy but MAN it is a lot easier than staying where we used to be. Much kudos to you getting back on track after each and every stumble.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! You rock those beutiful curves! Thanks for sharing!
  • AlabasterJar68
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your weight loss progress so far. You look wonderful and I love your hair in your "now" photo. That style really works for you. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!