Options
    Canadians don't live in igloos

I don't believe this one! :D

We only live in Igloos in the winter... in the summer we live in teepees
  • Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer
    Options
    >IF< you are a math junkie........

The Fun Calculator-less Math Trick with the Number ‘11’

The product of 11 multiplied by any two digit number equals the sum of the two digit number in between the original two digit number:

11 x 22 = 242 ----> 2[2 + 2]2 ----> 2[4]2

11 x 42 = 462 ----> 4[4 + 2]2 ----> 4[6]2

If the sum of the two digit number is greater than 9, add the 1 to the first number:

11 x 98 = 1078 ----> 9[9 + 8]8 ----> 9 + 1[7]8 ----> 10[7]8

11 x 67 = 737 ----> 6[6 + 7]7 ----> 6 + 1[3]7 ----> 7[3]7

The product of 11 multiplied by a three digit number equals the sum of the first two numbers of the three digit number, followed by the sum of the last two numbers of the three digit number, in between the first and last numbers of the original three digit number.

11 x 222 = 2442 ----> 2[2 + 2][2 + 2]2 ----> 2[4][4]2

11 x 425 = 4675 ----> 4[4 + 2][2 + 5]5 ----> 4[6][7]5

The product of 11 multiplied by a four digit number equals the sum of the first two numbers of the four digit number, followed by the sum of the middle two numbers of the four digit number, followed by the sum of the last two numbers of the four digit number, in between the first and last numbers of the original four digit number.

11 x 1234 = 13574 ----> 1[1 + 2][2 + 3][3 + 4]4 ----> 1[3][5][7]4

11 x 2431 = 26741 ----> 2[2 + 4][4 + 3][3 + 1]1 ----> 2[6][7][4]1

It gets more and more complex yet more and more interesting.

Master it and do it socially. People will call you Rain Man and pretty girls will think you’re really really smart.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Your foot will fit exactly between your elbow and wrist.

I just tried this... checks out!
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    A surprisingly large percentage of pet parrots taken to animal shelters can't be put up for general adoption because they have potty mouths.

id happily own a potty mouthed parrot!!! :D:D
  • girlnumber57
    Options
    A whale’s penis is called a dork. Know any dorks?
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    kangaroos have 3 vaginas.
  • Fitty_Cent
    Fitty_Cent Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The average kindergartner laughs 300 times a day, but the average adult only laughs 17 times a day.
  • gmarriottfccla
    Options
    You burn about 500 more calories in the day if you do 5 minutes of intense cardio as soon as you wake up. (:
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    People with blue eyes see better in the dark.
  • cranford_s
    cranford_s Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Dogs and humans are the only animals with prostates.

Not quite. Horses definitely do- I'd have to double check my repro book to see about other species. i graduated, I don't need to remember off the top of my head anymore right :-P?
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    People with blue eyes see better in the dark.

FALSE. I have blue eyes and see terrible in the dark. haha
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    It takes 832 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop.

I have the certificate from the company attesting to that fact.

Post it!
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    English is a Germanic language. Old English is Anglo-Saxon and used a form of the runic alphabet, if it was written at all, until the Anglo-Saxons became Christianized, at which point priests started using the Latin alphabet to write in Old English. After the influx of French people after the Norman invasion of England in 1066, the language became mixed, due to the mix of Anglo-Saxon and Franko-norman nobles in the English court, it became Middle English. Later on, the latin grammar as well as a lot of latin vocabulary was added and it became Early Modern English. That was the language spoken during William Shakespeare's time. If you Romeo and Juliet is hard to read, you should try reading Beowulf. There's no actual point when it became the modern English that we speak. It was a very gradual process. Any more than 200 years back and you might have trouble holding a conversion with someone.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    People with detached earlobes are more likely to be able to roll their tongue than people with attached earlobes.