Stomach pains after eating unhealthy food.

Options
I started my life style change around the last week of April.
I cut out fast food/soda/juice stick to only water and 1,200 calories a day, along with working out everyday [At least 6days a week]

I went out to dinner with the Family had chicken strips and fries [Bad I know] but still stayed under my 1,200 cals.
Then one other time recently we had a surprise bday party for my Mom and I had a piece of pizza.
Well both times my stomach just killed me, like shooting pains almost.

I had my gall bladder removed March 30th, so i'm trying to figure out if it's from that or if it's from my body now not being use to that kinda food.

Anyone else experience this?

Replies

• megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I, too, can't eat fried or greasy foods without getting stabbing pains. So not worth it! I still have my gall bladder, so that's not the problem. I think it's just your body's way of saying, "Please stop doing that to me!" which, if you think about it, is a much better way to cut out the junk than sheer willpower. Blessing in disguise?
  • AshShayneSyd
    Options
    Yeah I kinda thought that, hmm well then i'll be learning what types of foods do that to me over time and be staying away from those.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Um yes, it is because you had your gall bladder removed. They should have told you this when you had surgery. You may be unable to process fats the same way as you used to.
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Agree with what someone else said. I had my gallbladder removed 3 years ago. Without a gallbladder high fat foods will give you problems. Some people report having to run to the bathroom almost immediately.
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Have you been dieting for a long time? When your body hasn't had heavily-processed foods in a while, it reacts adversely to the crap that's in processed, unhealthy food.

I had Chik-Fil-A a few months ago, and I was in horrible pain. Not only did I get horrible diarrhea and felt uneasy for a few days, but I also felt like I had swallowed a gigantic greasy boulder that was sitting in my stomach for days.

I suggest that if you do go out with family and friends to an unhealthy situation, order the healthiest thing you can find on the menu; and drink plenty of water before you consume any food. That way, you have less room to put toxins in your body.

Best of luck to you! :drinker:
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I know when my mom had hers taken out she could not eat anything fatty without it hitting her a little while later.
  • AshShayneSyd
    Options
    They could have told me, it was an emergency surgery and I was in a ton of pain so I have no clue what they said, lol.

I never really noticed it until about a month after surgery [When I started dieting] then I noticed that fatty foods got to me.
  • emarocel
    emarocel Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow, that happens to me too. I have my gallbladder remove a year ago and every time I eat something greasy I get stabbing pain on my right side and diarrhea. My doctor told me that my liver is still adjusting to the change, and it is probably releasing to much biliary liquid when I eat hard to break foods. I have cut the fast food and I feel great now!