8 months; Almost There!

Options
snowbab
snowbab Posts: 192 Member
So I started my weight loss journey last September/October. I lost the first 7 pounds easily, then hit an infuriating 3.5 month plateau. I tried everything I saw in the threads to start losing again.

But I didn't give up! Eventually a combination of 2 things got me back on track

1) Cutting carbs below 100
(paleo diet but with dairy)

2) Increasing calories
(I went from 1500 to 1200 and then back to 1500. Now I try and eat 1650-ish a day and I'm still losing consistently!)

I also started to do pilates (search pop pilates on youtube, Cassey Ho is amazing!)

So finally, after 8 months I have gone from 142lb to 123.5lb! And I've lost a couple of inches off my waist and hips too ;)

Then:
meee.jpg

Now (including bikini photo..ahhh!):
TPhoto_00075-1.jpg

TPhoto_00047-2.jpg

Just a few more pounds to go. I just hope my experience with that very long plateau is motivation for others not to give up. Push through and you will get there!

Replies

• whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    wow bump congrats
  • Pennstatechica
    Pennstatechica Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Thanks for the tips!
  • surferfreak07
    surferfreak07 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You look amazing :) I love Casey Ho too, her workouts kick *kitten*!
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You look great!! How tall are you?
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Your start weight is where I am currently sitting and I'm desperate to lose 12lbs...I have been on a very VERY challenging plateau for over a year gaining and losing the same 2-4lbs.....I eat around 1500 and I have dropped and increased for a month in between this to see if I could trick my body. I am wanting to cut carbs but I'm having a very difficult time doing so as I have no idea what all contains them :/. I switched over to whole wheat and brown rice....which I eat very little of. I eat a ton of fruit, mainly apples, oranges, watermelon(when in season)cantaloupe,pineapple.....and most of the green veggies and yet my carbs are nearly at my limit everyday :/.
  • moyan2012
    moyan2012 Posts: 9
    Options
    You look great!
  • snowbab
    Options
    You look great!! How tall are you?

Hey, thanks! I'm 5'8 last time I checked (hoping to stay there because i want to still wear heels without towering over everyone lol)
  • snowbab
    Options
    Your start weight is where I am currently sitting and I'm desperate to lose 12lbs...I have been on a very VERY challenging plateau for over a year gaining and losing the same 2-4lbs.....I eat around 1500 and I have dropped and increased for a month in between this to see if I could trick my body. I am wanting to cut carbs but I'm having a very difficult time doing so as I have no idea what all contains them :/. I switched over to whole wheat and brown rice....which I eat very little of. I eat a ton of fruit, mainly apples, oranges, watermelon(when in season)cantaloupe,pineapple.....and most of the green veggies and yet my carbs are nearly at my limit everyday :/.

I stalled for a bit at 1500 at one point. I increased to 1650 and although I initially gained a pound or 2 I soon lost that and then kept on losing on that. Maybe try that? Just don't freak out if you gain in the first week or 2.

Perhaps try cutting out the rice? It's not for everyone, but I find I can easily eat under 100, usually around 80 carbs by just sticking to fruit and veg. And also yogurt and sometimes milk in my case as I'm trying to keep good calcium levels at the moment due to health reasons. If that doesn't appeal to you however, then maybe less fruit and more veg, as fruit has lots of carbs from sugar (although it's healthy sugars).

Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!