Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Crock Pot - Buffalo (sauce) Shredded Chicken! (with pic)

Replies

• jennyrae719
    jennyrae719 Posts: 129
    bump
  • brewface811
    brewface811 Posts: 106
    How many calories are just in the buffalo chicken?

It shouldn't be too many, I know Franks doesn't have any calories...sodium might be high though.
  • tlcangel97
    tlcangel97 Posts: 13
    bump
  • sunnygal_111
    sunnygal_111 Posts: 43 Member
    Bump
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    I did this one last weekend and it was a hit, I also did not add the butter. Not really needed.

I thought this would be great in a sandwich, with some crumbled blue cheese on top, and then baked again till the cheese in melted and the bread in nice an toasted.
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
  • lisayvonne
    lisayvonne Posts: 32 Member
    this looks awesome! definitely going to give it a try.
  • leslieanne1010
    leslieanne1010 Posts: 103 Member
    bump
  • Heartpath
    Heartpath Posts: 33
    Good to know that the butter isn't need. I think I'll try this and use cold leftovers on salad the next day.
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    I am making the Skinnytaste version as we speak...made her homemade blue cheese dressing to go with it. Can't wait to try!!!
  • juliebmomof3
    juliebmomof3 Posts: 115 Member
    bump
  • MENichols5
    MENichols5 Posts: 176 Member
    bump!
  • TeacherBrandi
    TeacherBrandi Posts: 3 Member
    Sounds like supper!:smile:
  • lelasutt
    lelasutt Posts: 165 Member
    bump
  • juliebmomof3
    juliebmomof3 Posts: 115 Member
    making this as we speak!
  • Shellanfit
    Shellanfit Posts: 258 Member
    bump
  • I seriously can't remember if I got this recipe on here or somewhere else, but I made it and it was damn good so I thought I would share. If it was on here and you want the credit, come on in and holla!

Shredded Buffalo (sauce) Chicken in the crock pot

4 boneless skinless chicken breast
    1 bottle of Franks Buffalo Sauce
    1 Packet Hidden Valley Ranch Powder
    2 Tablespoons Butter

Throw the (frozen or thawed) chicken breast in the crock pot, top with 3/4 bottle of franks buffalo wing sauce, add packet of ranch powder. Cook on low for 6 hours. After 6 hours, shred chicken with two forks, add butter, stir, cover and cook for another hour to let the chicken soak up the sauce.

Serve however the hell you would like! :bigsmile: In a hoagie, on top of salad, in your eggs, as a taco...the sky is the limit people!

I served ours (because I had a lot of calories left to eat today) on a hoagie, with some shredded mozzarella and spinach! It was nom!

m223818610.jpg

I would love to know the calories per serving. Any idea?
  • mgs_philly85
    mgs_philly85 Posts: 17 Member
    bump
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    This sounds so delicious!
  • bump