Anyone into anime?

Options
Hi, I'm new ;3. I like anime a lot and it'd be cool to have friends on here that also like it as much as I do~ No mainstream stuff like Bleach, Naruto, or One Piece, but a more in-depth fan. My current favorite this Spring season airing is Sakamichi no Apollon and Shirokuma Cafe~

Replies

• 12goingon17
    Options
    OMG, I love anime!

Haha, sorry to say, I am kinda mainstream. When I was in middle school I read tons of Fruits Basket, Death Note, etc.

Nowadays I read less mainstream stuff like xxxHolic, After School Nightmare, Detective Conan, etc. (Techinically, DC is VERY mainstream, just in japan. :P )
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    OMG, I love anime!

Haha, sorry to say, I am kinda mainstream. When I was in middle school I read tons of Fruits Basket, Death Note, etc.

Nowadays I read less mainstream stuff like xxxHolic, After School Nightmare, Detective Conan, etc. (Techinically, DC is VERY mainstream, just in japan. :P )

I read those when I was in middle school too ;3. I found Fruitd Basket a bit too melodramatic for my taste @.@. It was great at first, but Takaya-sensei loves to play up things that aren't particularly supposed to be dramatic XD.

After School Nightmare was really interesting. I'm also reading Kurobara no Alice by the same person, her style easily goes from light-hearted and funny to extremely dark XD.

xxxHolic I've watched along with Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, and read the manga in tandem, CLAMP really mindf*cked me there o___x.

Conan I watched but dropped after the 60th episode or so XD, just couldn't keep up with it ><.

I'll add you ^^!
  • 12goingon17
    Options
    OMG, I love anime!

I read those when I was in middle school too ;3. I found Fruitd Basket a bit too melodramatic for my taste @.@. It was great at first, but Takaya-sensei loves to play up things that aren't particularly supposed to be dramatic XD.

After School Nightmare was really interesting. I'm also reading Kurobara no Alice by the same person, her style easily goes from light-hearted and funny to extremely dark XD.

xxxHolic I've watched along with Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, and read the manga in tandem, CLAMP really mindf*cked me there o___x.

Conan I watched but dropped after the 60th episode or so XD, just couldn't keep up with it ><.

I'll add you ^^!

About the Tsubasa thing-- I used to read Tsubasa, before I got bored and tried to read an online synopsis. Total, completely mind *kitten*. I couldn't think for about an hour afterwards, I was so confused. It would've taken me about 300 volumes to comprend the whole clone and dying and just EVERYTHING!

I've heard of Kurobara no Alice, but I've never read it. I was so sad about the ending of After School Nightmare... though I was 11 when I read it, and it was probably too mature for me at the time. >.<

And I was a total Conan freak until last year, when studying took up too much of my time. But whenever I hear from my friends something juicy about the Black Organization, or ShiRan, I tune right back in. :3
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    Options
    About the Tsubasa thing-- I used to read Tsubasa, before I got bored and tried to read an online synopsis. Total, completely mind *kitten*. I couldn't think for about an hour afterwards, I was so confused. It would've taken me about 300 volumes to comprend the whole clone and dying and just EVERYTHING!

I've heard of Kurobara no Alice, but I've never read it. I was so sad about the ending of After School Nightmare... though I was 11 when I read it, and it was probably too mature for me at the time. >.<

And I was a total Conan freak until last year, when studying took up too much of my time. But whenever I hear from my friends something juicy about the Black Organization, or ShiRan, I tune right back in. :3

Indeed @.@. It just seems like a never-ending paradox with the real Syaoran being born from clone Syaoran and clone Sakura. It's like, WUTWUT, mind = blown. XDD. CLAMP has started their new manga Gate 7 too, but I'm too timid to even touch it. They're getting a little too crazy with their stuff ^^.

I'd say it's even darker and more mature than After School Nightmare @.@...with the vampires and all. One scene actually kind of haunts me still after reading the past few chapters XD.

Yeah, something as long as Conan is kind of daunting to me ;-;. I'll be glad to see how it ends though, if it ever ends XDD.
  • 12goingon17
    Options
    Indeed @.@. It just seems like a never-ending paradox with the real Syaoran being born from clone Syaoran and clone Sakura. It's like, WUTWUT, mind = blown. XDD. CLAMP has started their new manga Gate 7 too, but I'm too timid to even touch it. They're getting a little too crazy with their stuff ^^.

I'd say it's even darker and more mature than After School Nightmare @.@...with the vampires and all. One scene actually kind of haunts me still after reading the past few chapters XD.

Yeah, something as long as Conan is kind of daunting to me ;-;. I'll be glad to see how it ends though, if it ever ends XDD.

Something I've always been afraid of is if the author, for some reason, never ends DC. Maybe Gosho Aoyama just stops writing or something; I would seriously pull my hair out in frustration. I WANNA KNOW HOW IT ENDS!!!! >.<

I'm very surprised that you've read After School Nightmare; most of my few friends that DO read manga say "Lol, whut." When I talk about it. It's really a great series, and probably one of my favorites. :)
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    Options
    Something I've always been afraid of is if the author, for some reason, never ends DC. Maybe Gosho Aoyama just stops writing or something; I would seriously pull my hair out in frustration. I WANNA KNOW HOW IT ENDS!!!! >.<

I'm very surprised that you've read After School Nightmare; most of my few friends that DO read manga say "Lol, whut." When I talk about it. It's really a great series, and probably one of my favorites. :)

I know! Those kinds of mangaka seem a tad iffy with me. Take Masashi Kishimoto for example. I think he's just afraid to end Naruto because his huge cash cow will be gone. I mean, the dude doesn't even draw his own manga anymore. He hands off rough sketches to his entire team of assistants to do it for him X___X.

I've read a lot of things, probably because I peruse mangafox and other manga sites a lot ^^. I've read some of Mizushiro's other works too, some a bit too angsty for me, like Allegro Agitato. A mother seriously shouldn't be jealous of her daughter @.@ . . .
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Anime fan here. feel free to add me
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    Options
    Anime fan here. feel free to add me

Added ^^;;
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    Options
    Bump~
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    Options
    Bump~
  • 12goingon17
    Options
    Bump~ ...? ._.
  • xPersocom
    xPersocom Posts: 12
    Options
    I looove anime [&manga] :3
    My favorite animes would be Clannad, EF, Chobits, AIR, Deadman Wonderland, Elfen Lied, FLCL, Another, Kanon, Pandora Hearts (all-time favorite), and Spice and Wolf.
    And my favorite mangas are +Anima, Beauty Pop, Deus Vitae, and Full Moon o Saga****e. c:

I do like some more main stream stuff though like InuYasha and Bleach (the manga of Bleach), though.

Feel free to add me, any anime fans. ^-^ I'm new.

Edit: ..ok one of those manga names isn't even bad and it was somehow bleeped out. What.
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I like anime. FMA is my thing tho I did get into bleach for a bit. I have also read quite a few mangas :-)

Gotta admit my all time face is InuYasha. Lame I know but it such an awesome story I can't help it.

Others I have watched:

Angelic Layer
    Chobits
    Vampire Knight
    And more... just can't think of more ATM lol
  • sugar_cube
    sugar_cube Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh I am.
    I prefer manga to anime though. I have a bit of a short attention span. And it's much easier for me to get into reading then watching.

Favorite anime are Fruits Basket, Darker than Black, 12 Kingdoms, and Code Geass. I'm slowly watching Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit currenty. (It's very good btw) Oh and Sailor Moon.:love:

My fave manga list is too extensive to put here. :/
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Otaku here :) I'm assuming you love natsume yujin cho? Feel free to add me on crunchyroll too ( if you're interested)
  • Sarahkittymeoww
    Options
    I like anime! In fact I'm about to get off of here and watch some Shippuden :D
    I love Deathnote, Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist, Darker Than Black and a few others which I haven't gotten far into yet. I suppose you could say my taste is pretty mainstream. Still, add me if you'd like!
  • Gestahl
    Gestahl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Oh, there are definitely anime fans on here...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/696-all-things-anime-

...although I have to contest your implied statement that in-depth fans would not watch the "Big Three" shounen as well. A serious anime fan won't stop at those, but One Piece is a favorite of mine... on top of Cowboy Bebop, NHK, Mushi-shi, Boogiepop Phantom, FMA, and loads of others. :p
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    Options
    I looove anime [&manga] :3
    My favorite animes would be Clannad, EF, Chobits, AIR, Deadman Wonderland, Elfen Lied, FLCL, Another, Kanon, Pandora Hearts (all-time favorite), and Spice and Wolf.
    And my favorite mangas are +Anima, Beauty Pop, Deus Vitae, and Full Moon o Saga****e. c:

I do like some more main stream stuff though like InuYasha and Bleach (the manga of Bleach), though.

Feel free to add me, any anime fans. ^-^ I'm new.

Edit: ..ok one of those manga names isn't even bad and it was somehow bleeped out. What.

Air is my favorite out of all the Key studio anime ^^! Clannad and Kanon were okay, although majority loves Clannad, especially AS @.@. Another was hilarious, especially in the last few episodes when *kitten* totally got real, I lol'd, hard XDD.

Pandora Hearts has been disappointing me as of late, too many twists and turns, and Jack ;( . . . .

Spice and Wolf I love. Y NO THIRD SEASON? The light novels are popular enough ;-;.

Beauty Pop was interesting, haircutting made epic XD. Full Moon wo Saga****e was great ;3, although the anime was downright depressing, good thing I watched it first before reading the manga @.@.
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    Options
    I like anime. FMA is my thing tho I did get into bleach for a bit. I have also read quite a few mangas :-)

Gotta admit my all time face is InuYasha. Lame I know but it such an awesome story I can't help it.

Others I have watched:

Angelic Layer
    Chobits
    Vampire Knight
    And more... just can't think of more ATM lol

FMA 2002 or Brotherhood? I loved both, although I found FMA to be incomplete, but interesting with its philosophical side and how the director at that time took the story in a totally different direction. The manga was hardly complete back then so I didn't blame him ;3. The movie with the whole Nazi thing was strange though ;x.

Chobits is definitely one of CLAMP's more popular works, but I didn't particularly get into it much ;x. I loved the ED Ningyo Hime though, it had a powerful message~

Vampire Knight XD...it makes me lol, just can't get into it XD.
  • airlily
    airlily Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    MEEEEE! If you like shoujo titles like Chobits, Fushigi Yuugi and Fruits Basket, then you're my kind of hito! :D