Does anyone else have this :S.. Picture Included

Options
Ths is my inner thigh. Sorry if the photo is nasty.... But I'm slightly worried. My legs are the skinniest part of my body... I am far from skinny though, I just am very top heavy. Anyways my inner thigh (especially on my left leg) has like a huge lump of fat that looks really strange almost like a growth. It looks worse in real life than it does in the pic. I am only 21.. Is this normal?

photo5.jpg

Replies

• babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I would get the doctor to look at it.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I know someone who had something like that but on her hip (just on one hip). She had it surgically removed. But you should get it checked out by a doctor to see what it is.
  • MIchelleH2027
    MIchelleH2027 Posts: 1,239 Member
    Options
    Yes my dear, you really should go get that checked out.
  • stillthesamegirl
    stillthesamegirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Well the reason I think that may be unnecessary is because I know its fat. It's not hard and its flabby and I can feel that my skin is saggy here. My weight has fluctuated a lot in the past year a half, therefore I don't have much elasticity to my skin. I'm just wondering if anyone has this fat.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    First, I'd like to say that there's nothing nasty about you or your leg. I'm much more overweight than you, and have fatty deposits (to give them a name!) in that area, but no, they don't bulge that way.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Is it just that side? I would go see a doc just in case.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Just because it feels like fat doesn't mean it IS. Have you had it checked my a doctor? You really should.
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    Well I'll be the first to sympathize with you..me too. I think its like the legs equivalent of "bingo wings" or "bat wings" you know that fat on your upper arm that's kind of flabby? I remember seeing my mom have it when I was a kid and thinking I never wanted to have it...well here it is..I pray it goes away with lots of exercise!
  • jonesyx6
    jonesyx6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think that getting it checked out is always better to go and not have had to, then to not go and find out it was something that you could have taken care of early. Also, at 21, regardless of your weight issues, you should have PLENTY of elasticity in your skin still.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    anything that is asymmetrical should be evaluated.

If it doesn't look exactly the same on the other side, a doctor should check it out.
  • ChrissiesGettingHealthy
    Options
    As a nurse Im saying getting it checked please! Until you get it checked out you won't 'know' its fat. Better to be safe than sorry sweets.
  • stillthesamegirl
    Options
    Just to clear things up a little. I do have it on both sides, it's just more obvious on the left.
  • LilMissTalyn
    LilMissTalyn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    IF it were more on BOTH sides I would say YES its normal, but since its only really one ONE that is weird and worrisome and I would have it checked JUST INCASE because it could be an issue with your lymph node or something. I have the same thing if its fat, on BOTH thighs only mine hangs more so, and I worry if it will EVER go away or just get looser and saggier as I lose the fat...
  • stillthesamegirl
    Options
    Haha crap. I wasn't so worried before. More curious because I have a unique body shape and wondering if anyone could relate. But now I'm more worried reading the responses....
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    mine is exactly the same for the record...more obvious on the left side as well...i personally wouldn't be stressed out about it...apparently we are the only ones that have big thighs?

Also, you are much braver than I for posting pictures of your thighs :)
    Just to clear things up a little. I do have it on both sides, it's just more obvious on the left.
  • riverabeth
    riverabeth Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    A coworker & I were recently discussing this. I have this problem & she has it worse on one leg. She was told by a nurse that there are lymphnodes(oh man no clue how to spell that) on your inner thigh & that massaging this area w/ any type of cream for 5-10 minutes a day can help w/ blood flow, circulation & reduce the size. I have tried this & noticed a slight difference. Hope this helps :)
  • stillthesamegirl
    Options
    mine is exactly the same for the record...more obvious on the left side as well...i personally wouldn't be stressed out about it...apparently we are the only ones that have big thighs?

Also, you are much braver than I for posting pictures of your thighs :)

HAHA yeah I was a little hesitant. But I was like "there has to be someone else out there with this". So I went for it. Happy to know I'm not the only one. The pic makes it look more plump and hard than in real life. Its really flabby in real life.
  • patltrimble
    Options
    Yes, I know what you are talking about. I have & have had these extra fat blobs all my life. I have a photo when i was very young (maybe 2 years old) and you can see them then. I was always very ashamed of them & they have gotten larger through the years. Like you I felt I was the only one that had them. I was wondering if they might be a way to have them removed when I get to my goal weight.
  • stillthesamegirl
    Options
    A coworker & I were recently discussing this. I have this problem & she has it worse on one leg. She was told by a nurse that there are lymphnodes(oh man no clue how to spell that) on your inner thigh & that massaging this area w/ any type of cream for 5-10 minutes a day can help w/ blood flow, circulation & reduce the size. I have tried this & noticed a slight difference. Hope this helps :)

Wow thanks for the advice! Never thought of that. I really appreciate it.
  • SabinaHoule
    Options
    It is common that one thigh and the other thigh will not be the same as far as measurements go mainly because fat is stored wherever. Now, in your situation I would talk to your doctor about this, whether it is a big deal or not I would suggest talking to your doctor during your next visit. Or better yet, talk to your family and see if they have had the same situation and ask what they did about it. Either way, it could be a variety of things and the only way to know for sure is to talk to your doctor about it.