food addict. I have 150+ lbs to lose.

Options
Hi
I've been keeping a food log for a long time with times of loss and more often, times of gain.
I have never requested strangers as friends for support but I spend a lot of time reading other people's blogs and posts.
I was afraid of others' opinion or harsh words.
So, I posted some fairly current pics and I'm typing this.
Please add me if you are or were like me.
And, have a great day!
Keep up the good work!

Replies

• Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    You are going to love it here! We're all in this together and it's wonderful to be able to share our struggles/successes with each other and to get great hints / words of encoragement / recipes etc here! And if you come accross the occasional person saying negative things, you will find they are far outnumbered by those who are encouraging' We like to encourage others cuz we like to be encouraged ourselves! Feel free to add me if you'd like :flowerforyou:
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request and message. :flowerforyou:
  • Alpine005
    Alpine005 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I had close to 150 to lose too. I'm down 54 pounds after 120 days.

You can do it, just stick to your plan!
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request!
  • AlabasterJar68
    Options
    You are going to love it here! We're all in this together and it's wonderful to be able to share our struggles/successes with each other and to get great hints / words of encoragement / recipes etc here! And if you come accross the occasional person saying negative things, you will find they are far outnumbered by those who are encouraging' We like to encourage others cuz we like to be encouraged ourselves! Feel free to add me if you'd like :flowerforyou:

I have been on MFP off and on for a while and I have to say that this is one of the most encouraging responses I have witnessed to thus far. :happy:
  • jollycathy
    jollycathy Posts: 15
    Options
    Please add me I have a lot to lose and I am new also.
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Lets to this journey together! Great support systems on here!

Happy journey!
  • danielleb74
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you, I have a lot to use. I am going to post a photo as well. I'm embarrassed, but also know I need a network of friends to accomplish my goals. Please friend me if you're interested. Good luck!
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request, I still have 100 pounds to lose myself.
  • NorthwestPA
    NorthwestPA Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love food just like you and I am new here, if you need friend :)

img
  • Bignfulww
    Bignfulww Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Me too and I on youtube Bignfulww check it out
    Im started at 350 and want to be 150 now im 327 so im on my way down :-)
  • bayzenme
    bayzenme Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As always, you inspire me : )
  • CoCoFluff
    CoCoFluff Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I feel I have been my most honest with myself and others because of this website. Feel free to let you guard down in here, I think that is when the most change occurs. I'll send you a friend request. I too have a love affair with food.
  • Shantel0618
    Shantel0618 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Me too I love food :) but losing the weight is worth it plus u get cheat days :D
    6525778.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    We're all here for the same reason :) some have a lot to lose, some have a little. We even have a few trying to gain. But everyone here is trying to do what they would like for personal reasons/or health ones. Sometimes both like me :) so welcome to mfp!!!!!
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I love it here, didnt think I would ever be as honest about things as on here, but everyone is super encouraging, and if I had not have joined in the past few weeks I dont think I would have done so well :-)

I read lots of inspiring stories, hear lots of encouraging words, and best of all nobody is judgemental, as we all want the same thing, you will love it here to :-)

Good luck on your journey, I'll add you now :-)
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! If you need help dealing with food issues, find a counselor.
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    Sent you a friend request
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Sent a request im in the same boat x
  • sylvieg1rl
    Options
    I, too, am a food addict/sugar addict and compulsive overeater..
    I've struggled with food my entire life, it's a difficult journey to be on..
    This passed year, I have joined Overeater's Anonymous and have a sponsor and am working a plan of recovery..
    It's a slow, step by step plan for me because I don't swallow things very easily , but I have made so many achievements in this passed year..

I can sooo relate with so many people here, and love meeting like-minded friends for support and motivation..
    I also have a blog, and a facebook page about my journey with weight loss & recovery..
    As someone who knows & understands, I'd be happy for the new friendship too..

((((hugggs))))
    :smile: