Tips for beating PMS bingeing

Options
I know this topic has been done before, but I'm searching for tips on beating PMS bingeing.

I am getting worse each month. This month is particularly bad, and I just can't stop eating. Even if I am stuffed full, I still go searching for more. It only lasts a day or few, but it's getting me down. Any resolve I have to not eat like this goes completely out the window. The rest of the month I have no problems staying in control.

If you suffer form PMS bingeing, have you found a way to at least ease the cravings a bit, or found some methods that help distract you enough?

Replies

• victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    What foods do you crave? Its probably easier to substitute them with something healthy.
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    bump... looking for the same answers!!
  • imtriagain
    imtriagain Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I crave carbs. Massive amounts of bread, thick with butter, and jam, and biscuits, cake etc.
  • Connie_Cupcake
    Options
    I have a WRETCHED sweet tooth when it comes to that time. I cut a chocolate bar in half (I love it dipped in homemade almond butter) and I just savor my half a bar because I have to tell myself to not get anymore. I also drink so so much water. So much that I nearly water log myself. I keep my tummy full so I get better. Also I heard that if every time you crave something bad, you replace it with something good and it gets you to crave the good things. I just heard it, I don't actually know if it works :) I hope it gets better
  • ladyace15
    ladyace15 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Try drinking lots of fluids, maybe tea with a bit of honey. If it's actual food you're looking for, try an english muffin with some natural fruit spread or pieces of fruit on top!
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Try to eat more fruits around that time and avoid the refined carbs all together. Only reason i say to avoid other carbs is its hard to just stop at one piece of anything.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Get the foods you crave out of the house. Or just find healthier options for them. If you crave chocolate, make it small amounts of good dark chocolate. Im lucky. During my TOM i usually have NO appetite.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I crave carbs. Massive amounts of bread, thick with butter, and biscuits, cake etc.

Carbs are my downfall too! I especially crave things like potato chips. Mmmm.

Try something like whole wheat toast with natural peanut butter for a healthy snack! Have you seen the recipe for microwave potato chips? Google it! They turn out AMAZING and are so much healthier than the chips you get at the store :) I also like to make my own french fries in the oven at home. Takes care of my carb/snack cravings! If you must have butter, at least do something like whole-grain pasta with veggies, topped with garlic and butter. Then the meal is mostly healthy and the butter part can be your cheat!
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Keeping my carbs low a week in advance helps me.
  • sophiathedss
    sophiathedss Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    ugh T.O.M......air popped popcorn or baby carrots...crunch that PMS !! I also keep my belly full of water or carbonated flavored water but sometimes I just need to bust out the popsicles! good luck .... :bigsmile:

11269213.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter