getting a tight butt

Options
I've been having a lot of trouble toning my butt. I've been doing squats, lunges, and every exercise machine geared towards the buttocks at my gym. I've been doing this for last 3 months. I will admit my diet hasn't exactly been the best but I continue to exercise . I have become stronger, I notice that my arms are toning up but not my butt?
Does the butt take longer to tone up? Am I not doing the right exercises? What have some of you guys done to tone up?
Because I am really struggling here. Thank you

Replies

• taintedbutterfly18
    taintedbutterfly18 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Brazilian butt it works!
  • violetsue
    violetsue Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Keep going. You are heading in the right direction by toning your muscles. Add a little more cardio for body fat reduction. Unfortunately you can not spot reduce. As you continue to tone the butt will eventually show results.
  • 4RMBIG2THICK
    Options
    thanks....i guess i'll keep on with what i'm doing and try 2 get the brazillian butt lift dvd
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I do the Butt Bible workouts on youtube. If you do them all out your butt will be sore and you'll feel it. They really are good and of course free which makes it even better!
  • kari574
    kari574 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    If you're working that hard on your butt, it probably looks pretty good, under the fat. You'll need to improve eating habits and maybe increase cardio to burn the fat that is hiding it.
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    keep what your doing up but use freeweights and go heavy with good form.

sort diet and you shall have dat *kitten* soon.
  • TenderBranson
    TenderBranson Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Heavy squats and deadlifts.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Body fat is distributed unevenly throughout the body and genetics plays a big part of where it is is more heavily weighted (no pun intended). High body fat in an area = not being able to see definition. If you are like me and carry a disproportionate amount of weight there, you will have a hard time seeing the progress because of the body fat. So, the only thing you can do is to keep lowering the body fat (diet and exercise) and working on the muscles (as noted by others, weighted squats, deadlifts etc). Eventually, the body fat will be low enough to see all the hard work. The key here however is diet.