50+ lbs to lose... Can it be done?

Options
kmarie0614
kmarie0614 Posts: 102 Member
Okay lets be really honest. We all have moments when we say "i'm gonna lose weight" but about a month into it you get burned out... but there comes that time in your life when there is no choice and you decide you are going to succeed this time around. Recently I had that moment. I have avoided doctors for the most part since I graduated high school 5 years ago and recently faced my fears to only be faced with the possibility of infertility if something isn't done.
Now that was on monday may 21st 2012... a date that will forever be etched into my head. The day after I started a strict diet and have since lost 7.5 lbs, 1 inch on my hips, an inch on my waist, and a half of an inch on my neck. I have 50+ lbs to lose and really believe that cheerleaders are essential on this journey. 1 year and 4 months until my hubby comes home from overseas and I want it to be the shock of his life... Can I do it and beat the clock?

So I want to know... have you had that moment or not? If you are serious about it this time around, I would love to be there to cheer you on so feel free to add me!

Replies

• FatFreeKandee
    Options
    I have about 80 to lose :) I have had those moments....many times....many diets begin and then end shortly after fighting with myself over the last piece of chocolate lol My moment happened recently when I was looking through some old pictures of myself. 3 yrs ago when i had my daughter I was about 50 lbs lighter than I am now and honestly I dont remember how it felt to look like I did. I look back now thinkin "WOW...i looked Good and i thought i was huge THEN".........so I am in this 100% lets go ladies :)
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 50 pounds 2-3 times.... Getting 10-20 pounds to my goal weight, only to gain right back up to 200#s. Its horrible. But I have a whole new mind set this time around. I dont beat myself up over a cheat meal, and I realize i can have my comfort food without binging on it.

Each of us have to find that single motivator in our life. Mine, lamely enough, is I want to be sexy. Ive been called pretty my whole life, and the thought of being sexy is what motivates me every day to eat a little better, and train a little harder.

You can do it girl <3 we all believe in you.
  • diana4583
    diana4583 Posts: 20
    Options
    I belive it can be done if you work hard enough and keep it up. I have a lot more to lose then 50 but hoping i can stay motivated. Add me if you would like.
  • missana221
    missana221 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have about 50 or more to lose. It can be done :) let's do this!
  • kmarie0614
    kmarie0614 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    All of you are amazing and so very beautiful . Who cares what people say... Lets do this so we can feel sexy and beautiful on the outside like you are on the inside! I think I added all of you!
  • susieb63
    susieb63 Posts: 1
    Options
    I was glad to see this post.. After losing a large amount of weight due to weight loss surgery, I have gotten stuck and really need to lose 50 more pounds! I'm really hoping that using this tool with the group support will help me to get going!

18469693.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I'm losing 74 lbs =)
    You can do it. All the exercising and weight loss will keep you busy waiting for him to come home <3
  • addielinb
    addielinb Posts: 2
    Options
    YES IT CAN!

you just have to do it. I need to loose 100lbs before my husband comes home from his overseas tour too next summer. You just have to keep going. Don't lose hope. If you start to feel it, cling on to someone or something to help you back on track. If you'd like you can add me and we can help each other stay accountable.
  • SabinaHoule
    Options
    I ask myself that question as well. I am 160 pounds and 4"11....I miss being 110. But my goal is 50 pounds to lose but being realistic I should be losing 32 pounds to get at a healthy weight. Anyway I believe so far that this site will do me some good. I have already done and I only started this morning.
    25 minutes of Yoga/Stretching
    50 minutes of Walking
    90 minutes of Basketball Game
    Total workout time =165 minutes
    Overall, I'm sore but I feel pretty darn good!
    With all my calculations if I keep up with my intake, I will lose roughly 15 pounds in 5 weeks!

Also, I find it annoying using the weigh in method. I find it less stressful using daily measurements such as thighs, arms and so on. Considering that's all I really care for. Looking at numbers on a weigh scale that could screw up is stressful. Using a measuring tape seems to be working for me as far as motivation goes.
  • SabinaHoule
    Options
    And it can be done if you truly wish for it yourself. Not because you want to impress others but YOURSELF. If you do it for others you will more likely give up considering your feelings towards the other may change. But, if you do it for yourself you will hold yourself accountable, or at least that's how I take it and many others take it.
  • honestykay
    honestykay Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes it can be done. I watched my sister lose 93 pds and she is still losing. You go girl. You can do anything. I'm not saying it is going to be easy, or you won't be tempted to quit or the junk won't look good. You have a goal and the strength to do it!!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, you can do it. Question is WILL you do it... How important is it to you. You have a great start. I wish you the very best!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    my total goal is 80-90 pounds (i'll see where i am once i reach 75 down)

it's taking longer than i thought it would, but i also havent been going after it ll crazy either.

it's easy to get frustrated with your loss, especially if you see someone get quicker results than you. just focus on YOUR goals and dont forget to congratulate yourself on your NSV.
  • ajball90
    ajball90 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I feel serious about it at the moment, and I am in the right frame of mind. I really really really hope I stick with it this time. I have to lose about 100lbs.
  • torilee89
    torilee89 Posts: 2
    Options
    Of course you can do it! It's hard, no question about that.... but it can definitely be done :) I have lost 44 pounds so far, and have about 20 more pounds to go. I wish it was happening faster, and I have quit a few times, and slipped up. But seeing the change in my body makes me feel great. I wish you the best of luck!
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    I've lost a little over 50 pounds in just under 7 months, and am about halfway to my goal. I think your goal is entirely doable in the time frame you're looking at, as long as you are committed to it.

The biggest challenges we face here are more mental than physical - we get impatient because we want to lose the weight faster, or frustrated when we hit that inevitable plateau, or bored once the novelty of the lifestyle change wears off, or grumpy because we cut all the things we used to enjoy.

The key to overcoming the mental blocks is to have a good attitude about what you're trying to accomplish. Set realistic goals - starving yourself is neither healthy nor sustainable, and you'll be miserable to boot. Surround yourself with positive, supportive people. Acknowledge each victory, no matter how small. (Every day you meet your calorie goals, or make the time to exercise, is a victory.) Don't beat yourself up if you have an off day - you don't have to be perfect at this in order to succeed. Live a little - you don't want this journey to feel like a death march.

Feel free to add me.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    It'll take longer than you think, but it can be done for sure.
  • rsmithy89
    rsmithy89 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I lost 80 pounds. Went to America and gained 30 pounds. Signed up to a new gym 3 days after getting back to Australia to lose that weight again. I am 100% dedicated to this. I say to all my friends that if you count your calories and work out consistently, results will come as certain as the sun will rise tomorrow.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I lost 80 pounds. Went to America and gained 30 pounds. Signed up to a new gym 3 days after getting back to Australia to lose that weight again. I am 100% dedicated to this. I say to all my friends that if you count your calories and work out consistently, results will come as certain as the sun will rise tomorrow.

Oh wow, it was that much? 10lbs a month o.O i would be so depressed after that, but I love your attitude and I'm grateful to have friends like you on my list.

As for losing 50lbs, is it possible? of course! I used to believe I couldn't lose weight unless I stopped eating, which I did a few years ago...and I lost 40lbs. But I gained it back a year after i started eating normally again.

Sometime in january I woke up and life was different, because I was different. I found the strength within myself to say "I can be whatever size I want to be" and I know I will get there. Some days I get scared I'll never lose another pound. May was tough, because I plateaued. But I started eating more and I've lost 4lbs in the last week and a 1/2.

I'm really proud of myself because I have medical conditions working against me. Stuff that I have no control over, because I was born with them. But I'm not letting that stop me, and if I can do it...a person who has never been able to lose weight before (without drastic methods) than ANYONE can. I'm living proof.
  • mariad1031
    mariad1031 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am 190 lbs. I was 145 when I got married and that was 12 years ago. I want to lose at least 50 lbs. or more. I know it will be difficult but I will give it my all. Never really have followed a diet. I pretty much ate what I want, but now my doctor is telling me I got to lose weight. Wish me luck! ....:)