I need weekend help!!!!

Options
yeah.....let's NOT talk about my weekend.....AGAIN!! Actually friends, lets talk about it....please!! I have ZERO will power on the weekends....this is really starting to SUCK!!!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Weekend are TOUGH!! I moved my weigh in day to Friday so my worst days are at the beginning of the week and I have a while to recover before I weigh in again. Beyond that I'm afraid I don't have much advice because I am a mess on the weekends usually.
  • Haappy97
    Haappy97 Posts: 21
    Options
    Same here!!!
    Im trying to control myself in the weekend, but i cant!!! :(
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    They are though for me too. I feel your pain.
  • jacqui1612
    jacqui1612 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I also stuggle with controlling the appetite on the weekends. I have found being busy helps. But I tend to be driving on weekends visiting my boyfriends parents and such and going past McDonalds and the like is really difficult. I have been heaps better since I started using MFP but not that good!
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    My best advice is to keep yourself busy and plan out your weekend meals as you would during the week...days off are tough!
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I can't survive the weekends either without indulging. I'm always over a friend's place and don't want to say no to whatever they are serving or stop them from preparing so I can count calories... or I just want some good old party food :love:
  • Raeca89
    Raeca89 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I saw a similar message post to yours last week. There were some excellent suggestions on that thread if you wanna take a look through. The best advice I heard was from a woman who said,
    "1. I schedule in 1-2 cheat meals a week. I don't try to stay in my typical calorie range for an average meal. So far I have only exceeded my calories for the day maybe 5 times this year when I had a cheat
    2. Portion size. I try to just eat less, even if I am getting something less healthy. I make a pact to eat half of my entree. And I try to eat all of the veggies first. I find that one of the best things about eating as a social event, is that you end up talking a lot and eating slowly. So I am really aware of my fullness.
    3. Share with the table. I force everyone to try my entrees. I give away half of my dessert. It helps with portion control, and I can still try the stuff I wanted.
    4. Budget a few extra calories by eating less earlier or exercising more"

Check out the thread for other suggestions! Its rather short and a quick read :D
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/612367-weight-loss-struggles