Phoenix Vacation

Options
So we will be vacationing in Phoenix...so excited about the trip...saved lots of money on car rental, hotel and other discounts for different attractions so far. To save even more money I would like to go to the grocery store to buy snack items to keep in the hotel room. This will cut down cost of purchasing snacks at convenience stores and vending machines. Can anyone tell me a reasonable price grocery store in the Phoenix area?. Also any suggestions on restaurants like mom and pop type eateries that aren't too expensive. While we will be staying in Phoenix we do plan on taking day trips to scottsdale, sedona and other cities...any help would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• Raeca89
    Raeca89 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Smart!
    Hey! Don't know if you've already vacationed in the Valley of the Sun (Phoenix :P) yet or not but hopefully I can still be of some help! If you want cheap grocers, stick with Fry's or Walmart. If you're comfortable shopping in predominantly Spanish speaking stores, you could try Food City or Ranch Market, just don't expect to find many English speakers. Warning: Food City and Ranch Market fruit spoils faster and both carry an abundance of Mexican cuisine, not American. Nicer than Fry's would be Safeway or Albertson's and they're a bit more costly but the service and product selection is great.
    I'm not too sure about day trips or touristy stuff but be aware that as a rule, pretty much everything in Scottsdale is more expensive. Nearly every good/chain hotel in the area should have a bunch of pamphlets about local attractions so even if you're not staying in one, you might like to drop by and pick those pamphlets up :)