Options
Becca21
Becca21 Posts: 361 Member
i can run 2 miles in 30 mins is this stupidly slow. how fast can you run 2miles

Replies

• emb94
    emb94 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think the fact that you can run for 30 mins is pretty impressive!
  • anamika59
    anamika59 Posts: 37
    Options
    ditto
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    agree. Running for 30 minutes is impressive!
  • Brett8118
    Brett8118 Posts: 15
    Options
    Gotta start somewhere!
  • Tara1B
    Tara1B Posts: 78
    Options
    My pace is usually around 11 min/mile if I'm doing 3-5 miles. A little quicker if less than 3.
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    my 2mile time is 17:59. It'll get faster and faster as you lose weight. Welcome to running, prepare to kick @ss :D
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    In the vicinity of 12 - 12:30
  • alp1990
    alp1990 Posts: 56
    Options
    Running for 30 minutes is great. It doesn't matter how fast when you are starting out. You need to build up an endurance for running before trying to go faster.
  • Prayforya
    Prayforya Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Saturday I ran 5 miles and it took me about 80 mins, not stopping the clock for water breaks, so I averaged around 14mins/mile. I felt ridiculously slow but I ran 5 miles so in the end I didn't care how long it took. Long as I was done before the gym closed lol
  • Uglyduckling2swan
    Options
    I know how you feel. I am just a little faster than you but hey at least we can do it non stop right. Soon we will be able to work on our speed. Endurance is more important.
  • hellosara08
    hellosara08 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    That's actually really good. When I first started I barely made it in under 25 mins and now I'm shaving off seconds and minutes off that first run. Keep pushing your self every single run and you will see the numbers improve like crazy. I know I have :smile:
  • leanby2013
    leanby2013 Posts: 137
    Options
    Around 3, when started i could run as far as the lawn lol
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    About 15 minutes or so for me if I'm planning to stop at 2 miles. I won't run that pace if I'm running much longer than that.
    I only run outdoors, no treadmills.
    Good job though, keep it up and you'll be going faster and farther before you know it!
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    That's 4mph, somewhere between a brisk walk and a jog according to the exercise list. Everybody is different, so long as it gets you slightly out of breath it and you can do it for 30 minutes without causing yourself injuries it is a good exercise for you.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Keeping a steady run for 30 minutes is really good :smile:

I can do 2 miles in just over 20 minutes - I did 3.7 (6 km) in 37 minutes the other day which made me pretty pleased with myself :happy:
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I can do 2 miles in 21:49 (5.5mph). I'm focusing on distance right now, so I'm sure I could run that a little faster if I was just doing 2 miles. Before I did c25k I couldn't run for a half hour... gotta start somewhere.
  • MouseFood
    MouseFood Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    If you have just started running this is not bad at all :)
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I've been running since February this year, and my best two-mile time is 23m 28s.

Keep up the great work!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    StillaMile.jpg

But to answer, I really don't know right now. Last year at this time, i trained hard (and struggled) to maintain an 8 minute mile for 12 minutes for a physical test. I would have been closer to 20 minutes for 2 miles. Now, I could probably do 2 miles in around 14 minutes. Our local running club hosts a 1 mile race in august, I am looking forward to it to see what I can do.
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm still walking...