Hi, I need to loose 5 STONE

Options
:noway:

Hi everyone!

My name is Sarah, I am 28 and I live in Birmingham. I have 2 gorgeous little girls who are 2 and 3. I was slim before I had them but since have suffered health issues (split pelvis) had mental health problem so my appitite was all over the place.

I am so serious about loosing weight now, it got to the point where I looked in the mirror and thought Jesus! Nothing fits me properly and would love to go in a shop and buy what I like, not just what I think will hide the flab!

Would be great if people add me and we can do it together

Hopefully will hear from someone

Sarah x

Replies

• pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    hi nice to meet you, i wish you all the very best and I know that if you stay focused on your dreams and goals you can do this, .
    add me as a support friend if you want xx
  • garylad8t4
    Options
    good luck with your plan think positive and you will be gr8 .:wink:
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah, welcome aboard!

You will find all the tools here to get moving and start losing weight. I have about the same weight to lose as you and kids at roughly the same age. Add me as a friend if you want to, I'd love to help you get started. I used to live near Birmingham. Well Tewkesbury and Cheltenham, so about 1 hr away. Now living in Switzerland with my Aussie husband and our 4 daughters.
    Good luck on your journey.
    lally
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah :)
    I'm Lorraine *shakes your hand* I'm from Edinburgh so relatively close.

We're in the same boat, I'm looking to lose about 5 stone aswell, seems like a monumental task just now, but people here are friendly and supportive, it really helps knowing you're not alone.

Feel free to add me, I'll try my best to be a good shoulder :)
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah! I'm in the UK too and I'm quite a bit older than you but I'm still about 5 stone overweight too (I've lost a bit). I hope your health problems are sorted now.
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    sent you a friend request x
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi! Add me as a friend - I have just lost 4 stone in 5 months with hard exercise and eating clean(er). A good tip for you would be to start a countdown in days - tear off a page each day, you will be amazed how quick the days pass which helps focus your mind on your target. Good luck!
  • sarahmck83
    Options
    Hi everyone:smile:

Thank you all for making me feel welcome, I had a bit of a relapse yesterday (asda's chocolate cornflakes my guilty pleasure) and I had a few too many latte's. The good thing is I had dinner at 5pm (usually have it at 8) so I am going to try doing the same all week
  • springbokkie97
    Options
    Hi :)!

So I'm just as serious as you are about losing weight. I'm setting little goals for myself:), like from today to July 4 th I'm not going to eat any chocolate. And am going to try to exercise for 30 min 3-5 times a week.

When you feel bad about something you ate, immediately go jog in place for 10min. It rejuvenates you , burns calories and makes you feel better about that nasty latte you just had.

Hope this helps!!
  • sarahmck83
    Options
    Hiya

Thank you! I did this today with the exercise and feel sooooo much better about the whole thing! Have been also having a look at lovely wedding dresses x