Cycled off 75lbs Pics before and after

Options
snowbike
snowbike Posts: 153 Member
Im 45 and have been over weight since my mid 30's. I lost my dad to heart failure 2 years ago, so decided to make some changes. I was floating about 18-19 stone.

7334239200_a0edf21331_n.jpg
Picture-150-e1338725505245 by kerrmichie, on Flickr

I have always cycled and am keen mountain biker, but realized about August last year I cant out train a bad diet. I had only got down to 17 1/2 in 18 months with no calorie counting.
I started to calorie count.
I also started weight training more regularly and structured. Basic compound movements with heavy weights.
I upped the riding and added some Hiit in at the gym.

Im now down to 12 and half stone.

7334245948_ce0869fe82_n.jpg
DSCF0239 by kerrmichie, on Flickr

Im now stronger, leaner and fitter than I have ever been. Ive gone from mild hypertension to a resting heart rate of 44bpm.
Im now enter mountain bike endurance events here in the UK. The likes of 50+ miles off road. This involves alot of time riding and alot of carb eating. I ride about 20-30 miles a day average and can easy burn 1500 extra calories a day. weekend rides or events can be over 3000 cals. Ive burnt over 5000 cals on one grueling event. I eat everything back now by monitoring cals wth a Heart rate monitor.

I still have changes going on. My quads are expanding and waist is still shrinking.
Im still growing in the back and arms and I can now see clearly the top four abs. The bottom two abs are just hinting on showing.

7334250220_34da21084c.jpg
chart1 (3) by kerrmichie, on Flickr

I eat loads of veg, lean meats, Quorn.
I dont abstain from carbs but i keep them healthy. brown rice, brown bread and brown pasta. If im not training for few days I will drop the carbs , but I generally need carbs to fuel me.

I use this site to keep an eye on the calories, Ive used others, but this is by far the best. The android app is excellent.

MY biggest drive was setting goals. My goal now is to do the Southdowns way ultra endurance event in july for the British Heart Foundation. Its 100 miles off road and takes up to 17 hours. Im aiming at 14 hours.
This seemed unimaginable a year ago. 20 miles used to kill me.

Wish me luck

Replies

• SimonIsChanging
    SimonIsChanging Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Awesome job my man! You look great. :)
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Completely *kitten* Hot!!
  • DerDude
    DerDude Posts: 170
    Options
    very nice job, men!
  • dawnh1968
    dawnh1968 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow!! you have done so well.

Well done :smile:
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    You look great - well done!
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You look great and you look much younger now! Well done! :flowerforyou:
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    congratulations looking good
  • skoshness
    skoshness Posts: 175
    Options
    wow! great work, well done!
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Well done, hope you are proud of yourself :smile:
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!!! Well done!!!
  • Zoeeee_xx
    Zoeeee_xx Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • ICrunchynutterI
    Options
    Fantastic weight loss, well done x
  • 13Natty
    13Natty Posts: 57
    Options
    OMG!!! You look amazing!! You are by far the best transformation I have seen. You looked nice before but WOW! There is nothing sexier than the lean fit machine you are now.....Good Luck. You truly are AWESOME
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You look years younger! What a fabulous job... incredible. Your line "I can't out train a bad diet"... wow, so true.... Amazing, you look so great. Congratulations.
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Wow what a fantastic achievement! Your dad must be very proud of you.
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Wow! You look well fit! :wink: Well done x
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    You'll get it done in 13:55. :)
    I'll also bet that you make ultra biking a spectator event. :) Keep it up! You look great and kudos for meeting your goals and acknowledging that you're always improving.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, it takes years off you!
  • NomadicKris
    Options
    Wonderful effort - good luck in your endurance ride - that is just amazing to even contemplate for a non rider such as me.
  • Smelerz
    Smelerz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    amazing you must be so proud!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!