Snacks

Options
What ate the best snacks to eat at night?

Replies

• xoxobollywood1991
    Options
    if you're willing to lose weight, then you shouldn't eat anything heavy at nights. Have a filling dinner, and if you're still hungry chopp up some veggies, and make a healthy dip :)
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Rubbish, you can eat whatever you want at whatever time you want as long as it fits within your calorie goals; you'll still lose weight.

OP eat whatever you like. It really depends how many calories you have left.
  • springbokkie97
    Options
    If you eat after 6pm it goes to sit on stomach, thighs and hips. If you don't eat after 6pm then you will burn app 1,500 calories . In the morning, eat toast because the roughage makes you feel full, while normal bread would actually just make you more hungry .

Hope this helps!!!! :)
  • candacepatra
    candacepatra Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I read an article recently that said that people who "fast" from dinner time until morning (ie., while they sleep) lose more weight than people who snack throughout the day/night - all while they're eating the same amount of calories. I think the article was saying that giving our bodies a chance to rest from the food digestion process helps our bodies digest and metabolize better.

I can't find the article right now, but if I do I'll come back and post it.

I've been hearing a lot about the good/bad about not eating after a certain time or not eating at night, etc, and I guess at the end it all just depends on so many personal factors.

One thing that helps me in the evening or before bed if I'm hungry - is to just drink more water! You can't get enough of it. And if that is too boring, try tea that doesn't have caffeine in it, or small but filling "whole food" snacks like fruit or veggies.
  • Shenanagins85
    Shenanagins85 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help folks! I'll keep your tips in mind!!
  • showmeskinnynow
    Options
    I did the body trim system and lost 5 kilos by eating 6 times a day but snacks are to be lean meat around 50 gms. So if your peckish at night grab a slice of ham, it works. :). ( proven to keep your metabolism going)
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'll reserve judgement 'til you can link that article. I suspect there are various other factors at play.

OP - if you're hungry in the evenings you have two options. 1) Eat more earlier in the day so you're not hungry in the evening, or 2) Allow yourself some calories in the evening to cover any evening snacking you do. Unless eating after dinner makes you feel bloated and uncomfortable then there's no harm whatsoever in eating at that time if you want. Some people however, still swear by not eating after dinner. Whatever works for you. Just don't feel there's a right or wrong answer - there isn't.
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Options
    Vitatop- its 100 calories of chocolaty goodness
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I usually eat carrots, cucumbers, and celery as my last snack before bed around 9 or so....I haven't had any problems loosing. My husband works 3rd shift at a sedentary job and his "dinner' is about 2am...he lost 50 pounds......I really don't think the time matters, it whats your eating that matters...
  • mikem45
    mikem45 Posts: 35
    Options
    I don't think it matters what time you eat as long as it isn't immediately before bed, my friend who is a competitive body builder has his last meal around 10.30pm even when he is getting ready for a show and that includes carbs protein and fat. I've always found melon a good snack probably cause its mainly full of water. But I don't snack at the moment as I have my last meal about 10pm after training.
  • sylvieg1rl
    Options
    I, personally, have followed a plan where I eat breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner..
    I work until 7pm most nights and eat after 7pm once I am home & showered. I pre-plan and prepare my meals the night before, it helps me eat at a decent time still, and to stick to what I planned on eating so I won't snack otherwise.

If i follow my meal plan, I am never hungry to snack later on through the night..
    For each meal, I eat protein, a starch and a good helping of vegetables or fruit.
    The protein and starch serving are the size of my fist.. Vegetables i can load my plate with.

I have lost 99 lbs so far doing this..
    I eat no processed foods, no junkfood and get creative with my healthy foods so I don't feel deprived..
    This weight loss has been over the course of one year, with exercise (about 30 mins a day at least)..

The times I have wanted to snack at night (when I haven't followed my plan spot on) - I chew on raw veggies, usually..
    And if my body craves more than that, like protein or something filling, I allow it.. Listen to your body, don't starve it ..
    The more active you are in a day, the hungrier you will be..

I eat anywhere from 1200 calories to 1400 calories a day, depending on how active I am..
    Anytime I snack, though, I eat fruits & vegetables, no matter the time of day...

One tip I can offer: prepare the veggies & fruit in advance, so they're ready to just grab and eat..For some reason, I tend to put off a healthy snack if I think I don't want to take the time to eat it..
    :smile: