feeling seriously fat today ...

Options
so, I've been on and off this site for the past 2 years or so, and now I'm back to the weight I was when I started (about 10 pounds higher than I want to be). my latest motivation/humiliation is an upcoming wedding - I am a bridesmaid, and got measured last night for the dress. now, I know that bridal sizing is different from regular sizing, but having to go up possibly 2 dresses sizes is kind of horrifying from a mental standpoint.

I'm standing there, the woman is measuring me, and says something in a thick accent that comes out as "Almost perfect" as she's writing down my measurements. now, WTF does that even mean? clearly I could have and probably did hear it wrong, but jeesh, way to take the wind out of my sails, ya know?

I've been trying really hard to get motivated, but I'm having a difficult time getting back in the swing of things. my job is very stressful (more so, my boss is very stressful), and I'm usually exhausted by the time I get home. I have never been into going to the gym, I hate it, and I have some structural issues that keep me from doing any intense workouts, so I usually stick with walking and yoga/pilates.

I'm so frustrated! thanks for letting me vent!

Replies

• JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be so hard on yourself - with 9lbs to lose, you're far from fat, my dear. :smile: I'd be delighted if I were just 10lbs away. Hang in there, it's Wednesday which is practically Thursday which might as well be Friday - and you should always be happy on the weekend. :laugh: Chin up!
  • IDefineMe
    Options
    :frown: Sounds like you are having a really bad day. I had one of those last Friday where I basically looked at my husband and said (keep in my mind I had a baby 6 months ago), "I'm ugly! My hair looks like crap, and I'm fat." He looked at me like I was crazy :noway: , and then went on to say some really sweet things that made me feel a whole lot better. The bottom line is that everyone has bad days and days that they feel fatter than others. Venting is good, but don't be so hard on yourself. Besides being a brides maid is stressful in and of itself, and if you are like me, 10 lbs is my worst enemy. I hate it. I fluctuate back and forth between the same 10 lbs. Just remember that you can and will lose that 10 lbs again. You can do it! (sorry if that's too cheerful) :flowerforyou:
  • blink14
    blink14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! I feel better today ... except I have to actually place the dress order this afternoon, haha. I vow to be in better shape when the wedding comes!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! I feel better today ... except I have to actually place the dress order this afternoon, haha. I vow to be in better shape when the wedding comes!

I was in a wedding last September - was fitted for the dress in March, got prego in April, lost 18lbs between the dress fitting & the wedding & the dress looked terrible because it was so big - but I didn't have the money to have it altered more than once :ohwell: it would have looked better tight. And, the first time it was altered the lady b*tched because I was prego & she said "you know, you're going to gain, and once i take it up I can't let it out" wth? Isn't that what her JOB Is?! Ugh. It just sucks that you have to order the dresses a bajillion years before the wedding. :ohwell:

Happy to hear you are happy toda :flowerforyou: