Introducing myself

Hi everyone, my name is Mary and it is with trepidation that I embark on this journey. After 5 children and many many years of shiftwork (which to me was a license to eat badly and at the weirdest times!), I am now attempting to rid myself of that sneaky 10kg that has crept up on me over the last few years. Even though I eat relatively healthily and am quite active in my day to day life, I have realised that it is just not enough. I am not sure what I am doing but have made a promise to myself to be successful. Wish me luck and good health!

Replies

• Hi Mary. Good luck with your journey...feel free to add me if you need a friend to chat to :)
  • Thank you! I look forward to sharing our journeys. xx
  • SteakGirl
    SteakGirl Posts: 9
    Hi Mary, I'm new here too! I've led a relatively healthy life too but still had 10-15 pounds creep up on me. I joined this site three days ago and it's wonderful! Feel free to add me and we can encourage each other on our plight to get fit!
  • Hi Mary, my name is Heidi, I am from South Africa and I too have just started my weight loss. A few years back had a bad sports accident and hurt my hip. I had to have a big op and learn to walk again. Went from an active person to practically a non active person. The weight just kept creeping on and I guess I came locked in that yo yo syndrome. Watched the video Discovering The Gift and realized I have not been true to myself. So here I am being true to myself. Good luck on your journey.