ugh, fast food!

Options
GTOgirl1969
GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
My aunt, bless her heart, brought me lunch yesterday....a cheeseburger, fries and a Coke from McDonald's. I was so hungry by then I scarfed it down:ohwell: Well, I am paying for it! I felt so sluggish last night, and every joint in my body was hurting me. I actually had to lie down for an hour last night because I felt so weak. Do y'all think that the not-so-healthy lunch had something to do with it? I definitely think so...and I don't think there will be another McDonald's lunch in my immediate future:sick:
Definitely learned my lesson on that!:sick: :sick: :sick:

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    My aunt, bless her heart, brought me lunch yesterday....a cheeseburger, fries and a Coke from McDonald's. I was so hungry by then I scarfed it down:ohwell: Well, I am paying for it! I felt so sluggish last night, and every joint in my body was hurting me. I actually had to lie down for an hour last night because I felt so weak. Do y'all think that the not-so-healthy lunch had something to do with it? I definitely think so...and I don't think there will be another McDonald's lunch in my immediate future:sick:
  • crystalee
    crystalee Posts: 13
    Options
    Sorry you were feeling crummy! I have heard that after eating McDonalds your body does slow down and feel sluggish, so I am betting the lunch was the "culprit". Hope you feel better today!! :smile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I think it definitely had something to do with it! I splurged and had pizza 2 weeks ago and I felt physically AWFUL for like 2 days afterwards, it just through everything off.... Makes it easier to avoid now :laugh:
  • wtchywmn
    wtchywmn Posts: 193
    Options
    The same thing happened to me about 2 weeks ago. I then felt sick for the rest of the weekend. I think my body got use to not eating junk.
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Absolutely.

I splurged on some steak fries at work with a coworker on Thursday and by the time I got home I felt horrible. My whole body was rebelling, and I had so little energy on my run that I considered just stopping.

I think it's the grease and salt. I've not done it totally on purpose, but a side effect of using this site has been almost zero fast food and therefore very little of either.

Yesterday though we went to Whataburger and I had a nice sized junior burger that tasted great and didn't bother me at all. If you want a not-greasy burger for cheap, that's definitely the place to go if you have them. Mine had cheese and everything for about 400 calories.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Your body has gotten used to healthier foods and doesn't want you feeding it garbage anymore. It's a good thing! :wink:
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    I feel the same way when I have my cheat meal! Its kind of comforting because you know its your body rebelling because you've been eating so clean..I worry when that sluggishfeeling goes away because that may mean your body's used to it again..which is bad.