T.H.E. Team (Trying Hard Everyday) Week 37

Options
2»

Replies

• pawprint061
    Options
    SURPRISE....well after being told by two people to get back here I thought I should stop in and explain myself.

Right now....completely off track. Dont' even have the desire to get on track. With work, family problems, and now a cold to top things off. I just can't do it. Plus still working on a few health issues myself.

So I ask of you all...patience with me...trust me when I am feeling the need to get back on track ...I will be back. Just needing to step away for a bit.

So proud of all you guys though...good work and keep up the good work.
    Will stop in at least once a week...just to say hi and support you all..but personally I just need have to go with what I feel.

Hugs to you all.

Button

Awe Button....
    I'm sorry that things are going this way for you. But, you gotta do what you gotta do. No one can tell you differently. I sure hope your health issues get straightened out soon. You take as much time as you need... we'll all be here for you when you come back. I think it's good that your taking a break, wouldn't want you to force something on yourself that your just not feeling... it could back fire big time. We don't want that. So you go with what you feel girl, and when your ready to come back... we'll be here. If you need anything just let us know. :smile:
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Nice to see some strangers have checked in. :smile: Ditto what pawprint said, each of us is on our own journey and there are bumps in the road at different times. If anyone WANTS to be reminded to get on track (ie. the slipper) we can do that. But if you are focussing on other things in life, we understand that too.

Prayerful - we missed you!

Adopt4, Li4g, Anita, and many others...we miss you:sad:

I repeated week 4 day 1 of C25K today, only a little faster. Any suggestions to build stamina would be appreciated. Also struggling with lunches again. Such a busy time for me.

:yawn: nite all!
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Missing everyone. It is a personal journey. I had to step away for a week due to my Century ride. I couldn't diet that week I had to store up glycogen for the event. I did enjoy that eating but not so much on the scale.

Healthymom: it will come. give it time. if you have to repeat weeks your just being smart and listening to your body.

yesterday accountability: intake 1650
    exercise: 12 miles cycling, 2 mile walk, lower body strength training
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Prayerfulmom is back!!! Congrats on your ride. Its good to see you. :flowerforyou: :happy:

Hi team, how is everyone. I have been doing well eating, and exercising, I seem to have a hard time carving out time for posting. Oh well. I hope to check in more later. Love you all.

:bigsmile:
    Kristi
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Seems as though its almost dead here. :sad:

Kristi-doesn't seem there is a whole lot here to respond here to anyway.

yesterday intake 1460
    exercise: 28 miles bike, 3 mile walk, upper body strength
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Thanks Kristi for starting the thread! :flowerforyou:

Congrats to us who are here to post on a Friday. Hmmm...too many people struggling and are afraid to post????

I noticed we are one of the few threads that have continued this long. Why do so many people give up on caring for themselves? :mad: Is it time to start inviting new members again? I'm not talking to the ones who post here and are struggling but the ones who started and then just left.

Please forgive my frustration.

I'm kind of feelin' it too
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hi team. Its Thursday and I am not looking forward to weighing in this week. :cry:

Here's the thing: As I may have mentioned, I am 50 and am somewhere in menopause, but still having visits from aunt flo at times. Before menopause, she was a very regular visitor, staying 3 maybe 4 days tops. Lately, she comes less frequently, but she tends to linger longer. (VERY light and stretching over the course of 5-7 days.) Annoying to say the least. AND, I find I am our of control hungry during these visits (that part isn't really new) craving comfort foods, such as pasta, breads, salty stuff, etc. So, I start the day out doing very well, but wind up eating the wrong stuff when I get home at night, which is after 10:00 pm. I need some help here. Any ideas?

I've been really retaining water this week and despite a pretty good showing exercise wise, eating the wrong stuff late in the day. My old relapse pattern. :mad: So, I could use any ideas from those of you who know more about this... Or, am I the oldest gal here?? Hmmm... never thought of that.

Well, anyway, hope everyone gets back on board - take care!
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    kristi - I have not reached that lovely milestone in life but is there a way to plan portion sizes of those comfort foods? If you know its "allowed", you can enjoy them guilt free. Just eat slowly and savor every bite because it takes your brain a while to get the message your stomache is sending. I'm sure you know all this stuff. Also remember, every little victory counts. None of us are perfect all the time.

PS do you have time to eat small snacks during the day? Eating the pasta earlier in the day may help curb your craving for it when you're tired at night. I eat a slimfast chocolate bar for an afternoon snack, and I can tell myself I've had my chocolate for the day when the commercials come on late at night.

Hope some of these ideas help. Sooo glad you are still part of the team!!
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    I'm perimentapause. Women go early in my family.

I really like HM idea. A big part of the advice from the nutritionist for me was to eat dinner before I leave work. Once I get home I climb in bed about an hour or so later. So, I eat dinner at work. Also, I am to still have treats that i love like ice cream. I keep a single serving or a four serving container at work and plan it in sometimes. Its agonly at home not eating and the family eating but I have learned that is what works for me. Pretty much the rule of thumb is to eat no later than 2-3 hours before you go to bed (I consider that laying in bed watching tv too). I try hard to stick to that. I've had to set an alarm at work so I don't forget to eat at 4pm. Crazy huh.

ideas for sweet and salty snacks to fit into your budget of calories
    reduced fat chex mix
    little bit of nuts and fruit
    cereal bar
    protein bar
    baked chips single serving
    square of dark chocolate (has health benefits)
    diet soda
    cottage cheese with pineapple
    apple/peanutbutter
    bannana/peanutbutter

You can do this thing!
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    oh yes, and my favorite that I just had

tall soy cappuccino 80 calories
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Kristi, thanks for getting the thread started this week. I was wrapped up in getting hubby leaving again last weekend and it totally spaced my mind.

Sorry I havent been in the check in or be very social this week. Saturday when I got up to take hubby to the airport I had a sore throat. That lasted for a day, then turned into the nasty head and chest cold I have been dreading getting this year. Its the first real "cold" Ive had in over a year so its really kicking my butt.

Im gonna be honest here and say that I havent been good during this time with my eating. IF i feel like eating at all.. its usually a craving for something salty or sweet (usually some kind of SODA) and Ive been giving into those things because its all that sounds good WHEN im actually hungry and Ive been in the "screw it" mode since I havent felt good enough to work out either. I know.. not good.. but when ya feel crummy, ya just dont care.

Well, yesterday morning I went to take a hot steamy shower and for some reason I just felt smaller. I popped on the scale and sure enough... Im down to 212.2. I knew that I had gained alot of water the past couple weeks and aparently it decided to migrate its way out my NOSE during this cold. LOL so Im off to change my ticker.

Im feeling like I have a little more energy today. Still coughing like mad, but otherwise my sinuses are doing better. I had a fever the first night but it didnt stick around and hasnt been back. Ive been disinfecting my house everyday to see if I can keep the kids and hubby from catching this crud and so far so good. We'll see what next week brings.

Today is "decorate the front yard for halloween day". Still havent done it but decided that since hubby is home he can help me with it once hes done with his remote work. I usually deck out the entire house but this year, only the front yard is getting decorated...

Im off to catch up on posts....see ya'll tomorrow for check in
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Hey all. Well.. I had to make some more holes in the belt that I bought two weeks ago.... My pants actually stay up now... love it.

I'm only 24 so I can't really help with that stuff yet... I'm not there and have no idea about it sorry..

I am enjoying the fact that I have gotten back to where I use to be mentally. Back before I gained weight I used to be able to control my hunger for the most part with my my mind. If I had dinner and I was still hungry I told myself it was because I bored and most of the time I was. Well somewhere along the line I got out of that and started thinking that I was always hungry. I can't eat the same amount of food that I used to be able to eat. I get full a lot quicker.

I am so looking forward to tomorrow. I hope everyone checks in tomorrow and has some good results... this week hasn't been a very exciting thread :huh:

Good luck girls, and talk to you all later. Have a good night
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I can't eat the same amount of food that I used to be able to eat. I get full a lot quicker.

I definitely noticed this of myself tonight. I traveled through my hometown on business today so I stopped at my favorite thai restaurant (it was an absolute must, seriously). I got home & shared the food with dbf and we had leftovers. About 5-6 hours later, I walked by the fridge & saw the leftovers and pulled them out fully intending to finish them off just as I would've done any other time. I ate a tiny bite of broccoli and my stomach immediately sent a "you must've gone absolutely insane, woman!" signal to my brain. I actually felt physically ill even thinking about eating more food even though I hadn't really overeaten earlier. So, I wrapped all the leftovers back up & put them back in the fridge.

I expect the sodium in the thai food will mess up my weigh-in tomorrow but it was so worth it! :laugh: There's no way I went over my maintenance calories for the day with the way I budgeted for my restaurant meal so it's not like I'm going to gain fat from it :tongue:

Yesterday an almost-stranger (someone who works in the same building as me) noticed I had lost weight & was nice enough to say some encouraging words. That was the first time someone who didn't know I was trying to lose weight noticed I've lost. :drinker:
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Options
    Hey,

I've had a crazy two weeks at school; fights pep-rallies and academic testing!!! But things seem to be simmering down a bit. I've been at a stand still the past three weeks so no weight change again but I'm not discouraged. I have lost a little in inches which means something is still going on.

SW198, GW135, CW170 = no change

I hope you ladies have a great week.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Despite my thai food indulgence last night, the scale treated me very well this morning.

jlb123 SW 270/GW 150/CW 247.8 loss of 4.4 pounds

Plus when I walked into work this morning my supervisor said "cute outfit!" I know I've worn this or something very similar before so in my mind that was her way of saying "hey, you don't look as bad as you did before!" :laugh:

:drinker: