I've tried WW and it works...BUT THIS IS FREE!

Options
I have been on WW on and off for the most of my adult life. It works, I know it does, however, I didn't have much 'support' so to speak. I am a working mom of 2 beautiful kids (9 and 2) and wife to a wonderful husband (of 13 years). My thing is I LOVE FOOD waaaaay too much.

I'm really excited to see what My Fitness Pal has to offer. I hope I can find good support on here and continue to lose the weight :-)

Replies

• Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP :-)
  • KNJMAMA
    KNJMAMA Posts: 20
    Options
    Hey hun, I have been using MFP for 30 days now and I am a bit of an addict. I have been to WW and SW and though I enjoyed both, I couldn't justify the high membership prices on a single income (am a SAHM). I stumbled across MFP whilst looking for a calorie counter and it is exactly what I need, somewhere you can put in what you want to eat or have already eaten and have it broken down into calories etc. It has stopped me (99% of the time anyways) from eating too much.

Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me x
  • lforner46
    lforner46 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love this webstie too. Wt Watchers doesn't count every single calories, this websites does and it has every food I have ever searched for in its database.

I love myfitpal !!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Good luck! I think joining MFP is much better than WW. Think long term not temporary!
  • ladyofstyle
    ladyofstyle Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello, i did ww for over 10yrs and my weight was just up and down and i just got tied counting point and being restristed to from my fav foods. I love this program, i have been trying to get all my friends and coworker to join. It is awsome
  • fungirl32
    fungirl32 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself to you!!! Im also on the same journey you are on. It is quite difficult for me to keep going and stay consistant. Especially after I get off work, all I want to do is go home eat something good and take a nap. My clothes and my knees are showing me the result of that. Soooo I have to get on the ball asap!!! I need all the support and motivation that I can get!!!
  • OnlyICanDoIt
    OnlyICanDoIt Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The good thing about WW is that you KNOW what you should and shouldn't eat. They basically 'train' you to get rid of the junk and eat healthy. So having that background is good. I am in the same boat, and I actually work at WW. Although I don't follow it to a tee, I know what I must do. This website is so user friendly compared to WW also.

Good luck in your journey, and email me if you want!
  • anewme1951
    anewme1951 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined today. I have been with WW for almost a year and did really good. But like alot of you, the cost was starting to get to me. My daughter told me about this site and so far I am really impressed.
  • Slynderize
    Slynderize Posts: 25
    Options
    *High Five* I've been doing WW too and looking for a suitable replacement. I do like the fact that you can include calorie count here!
  • LivewellLynn
    Options
    Hi there! I have done WW before as well (a few times). After looking for something new to try, I have lost 22lbs and my husband has lost 27lbs in 8 weeks and we are not done yet. We are feeling great and noticing many health issues improving. We are so excited!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Best things in life are free :)
  • Leimaro
    Leimaro Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Best things in life are free :)

Sooo true! I too was on weight watchers and couldn't afford the fees being that I am unemployed. Found this site looking for a calorie counter. I like it! Also, you think fees would be a motivator...not.
  • Traceyrohrer
    Traceyrohrer Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I also did ww and did good until I fell of the wagon and gained it all back. So frustrated and I can't seem to get back on track. Im new to this sight and trying to figure it all out.
  • kroldridge
    kroldridge Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you all for such awesome motivation, it's amazing to know that there are people out there JUST LIKE ME! I can't wait to see us ALL succeed!!!
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Welcome....feel free to add me. that goes for anyone else as well.
  • missattitude57
    Options
    Welcome! Hubby and I have been on here for 4 weeks now and I've lost 10 lbs and he's lost 12. I've never tried WW but this is the first tool I've tried where I've actually seen results and keeps me accountable to myself and a great community of supporters! I talk about how awesome it is all the time and have gotten a few people to start tracking this way :) Best of luck and feel free to add if you're looking for motivation:)