Crockpot owners

Options
mommared53
mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
Here is a website a co-worker sent me. I don't know how healthy the recipes are but I thought I would share anyway.

http://www.50plusfriends.com/cookbook/crockpot/index-5b.html

Replies

• kimberjones
    Options
    thanks for sharing!

:flowerforyou:
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks. I think it has a guide at the bottom find particularily healthy recipes too!

On a side note, the copyright infringement case at the top of her site is kinda sad. If I were a company and a website went up (and crock-pot is pretty common like kleenex) I would be happy that people were posting web pages exclaiming awesome new ways to use my product and how wonderful it is to own. I wouldn't be suing the page for mentioning my product!!
  • mommared53
    Options
    Wow, thanks. I think it has a guide at the bottom find particularily healthy recipes too!

On a side note, the copyright infringement case at the top of her site is kinda sad. If I were a company and a website went up (and crock-pot is pretty common like kleenex) I would be happy that people were posting web pages exclaiming awesome new ways to use my product and how wonderful it is to own. I wouldn't be suing the page for mentioning my product!!

I didn't look closely at the site because I'm at work. I just glanced at some of the recipes. Should I have not re-posted the website? I don't want to get MFP or anyone in trouble. :noway:
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options

I didn't look closely at the site because I'm at work. I just glanced at some of the recipes. Should I have not re-posted the website? I don't want to get MFP or anyone in trouble. :noway:

No, it was saying the reason she had to re-name her site "crockery pot recipes" instead of "crock pot recipes" was that they sent her a letter saying she couldn't use the brand "crock pot" on her site. She's complied already I just thought it was silly.
  • mommared53
    Options

No, it was saying the reason she had to re-name her site "crockery pot recipes" instead of "crock pot recipes" was that they sent her a letter saying she couldn't use the brand "crock pot" on her site. She's complied already I just thought it was silly.

Ok, I went back and read it. Yeah, I agree, that is pretty silly. Good grief, some people! :huh: I need to put some of the recipes on Sparks (or whatever that website is called) and get the calorie count. WOOHOO can't wait to get a crock pot and try some (a bunch) of them out. :happy:
  • feistygirl09
    Options
    bump
  • ready4change
    ready4change Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    What a fabulous website -- I love using the crockpot... SUCH a time saver during this busy time of year. I love coming home to a warm meal that is already ready. It makes the rest of the night seem to be less stressful and I am able to get so much more done!

I plan on using a bunch of these!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    just tagging for later, thanks :)
  • sunlover67
    sunlover67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    me too:flowerforyou: