91 pounds gone, I can't believe it! (pics)

Options
Photo-2.jpg

I still have 11 pounds to go (goal weight is 165) but I'm at 91 pounds lost! I think it will always shock me to hear these numbers. I can't believe I let myself get to that point...but the important thing is that I decided to make a change. It's not always easy, there were days when I just didn't feel like logging in anything I ate because I didn't want food to control me, but when you think about the positive affects logging in your calories, fat, protein, carbs, etc has on your body, it's worth it. I've gone from a total cholesterol of 204 down to 114.

My clothes, best thing about all of this! I've gone from a 40W to a 32W/ 34W (depending on the jean!) and I went from a 2XL to a medium shirt! I used to walk by our Men's Express store because I just knew people would stare at me like I didn’t belong, but this weekend...I actually ventured in and I wasn't embarrassed to be in there. It was a very liberating feeling.

One of the things that helped me the most was not completely restricting myself of the things I liked. If I wanted ice cream or a burger I’d still have it, but in moderation. I’d have one scoop of ice cream instead of four. And I’d eat my burger until I was full, not until it was completely devoured. My advice to all those out there is to just keep at it. I know there are days when quitting seems like the only option, but it’s not. There’s a great community here at MFP that will help you through all of the struggles.

Replies

• andrewsmommy13
    andrewsmommy13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! Girls will be knocking down your door!!!
  • candygrl26
    candygrl26 Posts: 17
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! Great job!!!
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    AMAZING RESULTS! KEEP KILLING IT, KILLER!!!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Way to go!
  • PenelopeElisaMoreno
    Options
    That's amazing! Well done =)
  • jinlopez
    jinlopez Posts: 38
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! Girls will be knocking down your door!!!

Ditto!! You look great!!!
  • ElynnPittman
    ElynnPittman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic! Congrats & the biggest difference is in your face: you look SO happy.
  • jdsmom0104
    jdsmom0104 Posts: 236
    Options
    awesome! you look great
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Congrats on your accomplishment
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    hell yeah!
  • CristaA42962
    CristaA42962 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Amazing Job!!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Great post, I like pictures, but I also enjoy hearing how you did it. Your mindset, and the struggles all help us to feel we are not alone. I love the unobsessed approach in not giving up your favorites, just eating them in smaller amounts.
    It takes time and commitment and determination, and you are getting payback for your hard work.
    Thanks for sharing
  • magip
    magip Posts: 20
    Options
    Awesome JOB ! Looking Great !
  • N_Bridgeman
    N_Bridgeman Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow! So great! Way to go!
  • usteward
    usteward Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing very inspiring. you look great! good job.
  • NebraskaBBW
    NebraskaBBW Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    you look great!!!
  • jryan83
    jryan83 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud of yourself. The difference is tremendous. And as one poster said, you look different - not just in size, but in your attitude. You have a great smile!

Keep it up!

I'm determined to persevere also.
  • SheilaParker
    SheilaParker Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Pictures isn't showing up. But great job!
  • Debby0904
    Debby0904 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's amazing! You look fantastic.
  • jmilian825
    jmilian825 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the wonderful hard work you did, you look great and happy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!