Best Exercise EVER!

Options
So we were getting our carpets replaced this week so my treadmill had to be packed up and moved out of the way. It was my job to keep my kiddos entertained during the process so the guys could do thier thing with minimal interruption, so I decided to hop on the internet and play some music while letting my 2 year old help me clean up......BINGO! Every dance song I came accross had her moving and gooving so I decided to dance along and let me tell you after about an hour we were both exhausted! I got to get in a little cardio AND spend time with my daughter AND have fun all at the same time. It seems like such a no-brainer but it had just never dawned on me before! WOW!

And by the way.......Sean Paul's "Get Busy" has the perfect "get you going" dance beat! Yay!!!!!! Maybe i'll spend a little less time on the treadmill and a little more jammin' with my kiddos!!!!

Replies

• Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Wow! that's a great idea! And not only are you spending fun quality time with them but you are giving them great work out habits that will stay with them for the rest of their life! Cool!
  • silvertears
    silvertears Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I do that from time to time with my kids. It's a blast! They always want to be picked up though, and a 5 yo, 3yo and almost 2 yo is a little more strength training than I'm used to =)
  • rachelmommy1
    Options
    lol talk about strength training!!!
    mine knows better. she's a sturdy little thing. Not overweight, just tall and sturdy. she was 9lb at birth so......but it'll get her away from the tv and she wants to be "just like mommy" so i can get her eating apples and celery like me and not doritos and chili cheese fries like daddy! LOL
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Not to mention dancing probably burns more calories than the treadmill if you keep it up, and tones your legs more. :)
  • RHarter0710
    Options
    LOL! good luck to the lifestyle change for the kiddo... I'm still trying to get mine to be more like daddy and less like mommy... he'll listen to me, but sheesh does he ever pout. Now the trick will be to get mommy more like daddy and less like herself (routine wise)... if I ever figure out the secret I'll fill you guys in, and be a very rich man, PROMISE!
  • rachelmommy1
    Options
    lol
    Ain't. That. The. Truth.
    Unfortunately my guy has a freakishly high metabolism. He can eat ANYTHING he wants and not gain anything. I can look at a cookie the wrong way and gain 5 lb.
    *sigh*
    it's a gross injustice.
  • Giggles27
    Giggles27 Posts: 139
    Options
    Thats great...I dont have any kids but I sure do love dancing...thats great that you had the chance to have so much fun with your baby
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Dancing is an awesome exercise!

I turn on music in my bedroom and just dance around for half an hour sometimes. Probably looks like I could be having a seizure but hey its a work out.

I wish it was in the calorie counter.
  • winky_gurl
    Options
    Here's a site that shows the calories burned per 15 minutes for dancing.

http://www.dietbites.com/Pyramid-Diet/calories-burned-dancing.html

Hope it helps!!! It's surprisingly a high number of calories! I dance with my kids daily..They love it and I'm laughing the whole time...it's a win/win!!!