2»

Replies

• blondiek91
    blondiek91 Posts: 22
    Options
    bump
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    TDEE is the common abbreviation for Total Daily Energy Expenditure which is a metric to calculate the amount of calories your body needs to function in a day. This is quite similar to BMR; in fact, you need your BMR to calculate your TDEE; but your TDEE accounts for your average daily activity as well to give a figure truer to your specific situation. Basically, the TDEE calculation relies on categorizing your daily activity into one of the metrics' predetermined groupings:

Sedentary - desk job and little to no exercise
    Lightly Active - light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk
    Moderately Active - moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk
    Very Active - hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk
    Extremely Active - hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or training

Once you have determined where you fit in on the TDEE activity rate scale, this activity rate is used to weight your BMR giving you a more accurate assessment of how many calories you really need throughout the course of the day. Since BMR only accounts for your bodies basic functioning needs and not your daily activity, TDEE provides standard multipliers for accurately determining a TDEE. Those multipliers are as follows:

Sedentary - 1.2
    Lightly Active - 1.375
    Moderately Active - 1.55
    Very Active - 1.725
    Extremely Active - 1.9

Ok, I´m not smart enough for this but I was wondering if I could ask a few questions.
    I market number 1 when setting my weight and all in, that is desk job and I´m a stay at home mom during summer, school during winter but just last week I started using bike 40-50 minutes a day. My BMR says I need around 1650 calories a day. My currant weight is 102 kg and 1m63cm
    To get a better result should I change my settings to more active to get a correct BMR?
    Is it bad for me to say have around 400-600 calories left after the day?
  • fatgirlslim32
    fatgirlslim32 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow, loads of good advice & Yanicka - thats an amazing picture. Inspiration!! Thanks for sharing
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    I want to bump this up