Not new just lost...

Options
Squible
Squible Posts: 359 Member
Hey guys,

So
I have been with MFp for at least 2 years now, and with the amount of time I have spent on here and also pinterest and readijng about getting fit and healthy you'd think I'd actually be there by now..

Well I'm not and I hate it, I havet feeling fat and frumpy...we had a friends wedding on Saturday (known about it since last year) and the orginal dress I had bought for it didnt fit...I was so upset and angry at myself. yet still ate like a pig while there and even on sunday I bought fudge AND was going to go to the chip shop the onlything that stopped me was that it was closed....;

I keep beating myself up about it all and then also making excuses...I devoured a large pizza hut pizza during the week 'because I didnt get a job i wanted' How pathetic eh!?

So I need help to get me back on track...I started running at least a mile a day but with the wedding and other busy periods thats stopped..Going to go back out later today (currently at work) and bang a few miles out....

So Help me please I wanna lose another 28lbs (although who knows what I've gained the past few weeks) and would love some extra support and encouragement.....

Replies

• awisegirl84
    awisegirl84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've found, for myself, that I just have to make the choice. Make the choice to go work out, make the choice to not drive through McDonald's, make the choice to let it go if I screw up...because I know it's going to happen, and that's ok. I've had a rough couple of years (some serious health issues with myself, surgery, divorce, family health issues, etc.) and I got into a spiral of depression, without even realizing it really. I'm doing so much better now but I still struggle. I get angry at myself for letting me get so out of shape and unhealthy. But I'm proud of myself for deciding to change. And I let myself cheat every once in a while (I had a small fries from McDonald's on Friday, the first time in over a month). Sure, they weren't really good for me and had basically no nutritional value, but I've noticed that when I beat myself up, I hang onto the weight more. So...I ate them and I was satisfied. And haven't thought about it since.

This is a slow process, one that we're *hopefully* going to maintain for life. You'll get there, just stay strong and realistic. Keep the big picture in mind. :smile:
  • SaraJRosburg
    SaraJRosburg Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up... its only going to set you back further. Like awisegirl84 said, you just have to make the choice (which it sounds like you have).

For me the only thing that motivates me is results - I need to be able to see on the scale and how my clothes fit that my hardwork is paying off. I'm not talking about all at once, or dropping a whole size in a week. But its always encouraging to be able to put jeans on right out of the dryer and have them fit perfectly, or having something that was once too tight finally fit. I would suggest that you find YOUR small results along the way and have that push you to the next goal.

Just remember, even though the "big picture" is great - its the small steps and goal that get you there. Good luck - I know you'll do great!
  • virginies
    virginies Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. That's what I do most of the time. Eat, feel guilty about it, and eat some more because I'm upset...
    Add me if you'd like, we'll make it this time :)
  • kristynkayte
    kristynkayte Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I agree...don't beat yourself up over it. You have to see how far you have come and be proud of that :) We are all here to support you! We all fall off the wagon when it comes to eating healthy...just learn from it and hop back on!
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You can add me, if you like.
    If you really want encouragement and accountability, send me a message with some mini goals- like for a 10 day or two week deadline. I can be a positive motivator. Good luck!
  • MrsSnelly
    MrsSnelly Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I had this whole great thoughtful response all typed up and my computer went wonky and lost it. :p

I know where you're coming from, I definitely have frumpy days when I just want to stay in my sweats and hubby's t-shirt so no-one can see my shape. I'm also an emotional eater, and I think the first step to making progress and healing, is recognizing the problem. Once I pin down the emotions - positive and negative - that cause binge eating, it's easier to combat them. Keeping a journal really helps with that. I also let myself cheat a little each week, or each day. It's so much easier to have a "calorie allowance" with extra room for indulgences, than to deprive myself all the time and be miserable.

Do you have a friend you can work out with? My running routine was getting boring and so I haven't been consistent with it, but this week I'm going to start going with a friend a couple times a week, and now I'm excited about it again, just like when I first started. Try not to be so hard on yourself, and count your baby steps - they really do add up! Remember there's a lot of us out here just like you, and if we stick together and support each other we can make a difference. Hugs!!!
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you like. With many friends you will succeed as well as help others!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    You have to get to that point.
    I started MFP 2 years ago, lost 30 pounds then quit when my life turned upside down.
    Two years later I returned to start over losing the same pounds.
    BUT this time I feel less obsessed and am concentrating more on long termgoals. I am still losing weight and at almost the same speed as before.
    You need to make changes, only one at a time, and not look back.
    Changes like: Measuring food accurately.
    Have a comfort food, just one and in moderation everyday if you need to. But log it, save up for it or earn it.
    Get out and exercise, even if it is 5min before you leave for work, on your coffee break or on commercial breaks.
    And if you are anything like me. Stop procrastinating. DOn't log into MFP until you have something to log into the EXERCISE setting.
    You know You best, make yourself some boundrys and be proud of sticking to them. and make your goals small and achievable.
  • Netzie
    Netzie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This is more of a reintroduce. Hello my name is Linette.

I have been on again and off again. I am back now. I am working at home now and I am hoping with having more control over my day and having complete access to my foods and not being tempted by the cafeteria that I will stick . Exercise is harder when you work at an office also and I am finding it easier to take a walk in the mornings.

I am geared to succeed this time. I am looking forward to being healthier and feeling comfortable in my own skin.
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Get out and exercise, even if it is 5min before you leave for work, on your coffee break or on commercial breaks.
    And if you are anything like me. Stop procrastinating. DOn't log into MFP until you have something to log into the EXERCISE setting.
    You know You best, make yourself some boundrys and be proud of sticking to them. and make your goals small and achievable.

Thanks!
    I am planing on running on my lunch break...I have a full hour and just sit on my *kitten* (like I do all the other 7 hours I'm there) and I can run a mile in about 10-12 mins so I could get a couple in at lunch :)

Hah love the Stop Procrastinating I think its my hobby....good idea not to log on to MFP unless I have a actually REASON! Today I have...I went to the gym this morning and I've eaten well already.

Thank you so much for your great ideas