Running shoes

Options
AmyG17
AmyG17 Posts: 24 Member
Hi! I am a runner and I was wondering what are your favorite running shoes are? I have been stuck on Mizunos for years and I want to make a change. I use my Wave creations for short runs (under 5) and circuit training. I use my Wave Inspire for long distance (1\2 Mara train)
My hubby just got the new Nike Free shoes and he LOVES them (he never runs over 5) he seems to think that I should get them too, but I am not too sure? The heel of the shoe freaks me out a little. I really want to get out of my 'shoe box' I know they're some great shoes out there. :wink:

Thanks!

Replies

• avaloneternal
    Options
    I have been stuck on the Brooks Adrenaline for my past 4 races (2 pairs) I stick with what works. I guess it is time for a new pair though, they are looking a little flattened in my pics from my race 2 weeks ago.
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I went to a shoe shop and was fitted with some new balance 880's. They are working well for me, but they are my first pair of running shoes, so I have nothing to compare them with
  • AmyG17
    AmyG17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I love my Brooks Adrenaline too. Would definitely recommend going to a specialty running store to be properly fitted though because we all have different needs. My friend has the same shoes as I do but is considering returning them for something with a better fit. This is another advantage of going to a good shoe store - they stand behind their fittings and will allow you to return/exchange if you're not happy.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    If the Mizunos are working for you, why would you want to change?

If you do decide to make a change, go to a running store and get fitted. Make you choice based on which shoe they suggest feels the best to YOU. Your feet aren't just like anyone else's feet.