Looking for a new Pre-Workout. Any suggestions?

Options
Ok, I've been a huge fan of Super Pump, but it ran its course, so I decided to pick up Jack3d, and honestly, I'm not too impressed. I didn't get that feeling I like to get before my workouts, so I'm looking to try maybe one more supplement before I go back to Super Pump. Does anybody have any good suggestions? Taste and price do factor into my decision, but I do want to feel like I'm ready to Dropkick a meteor shower after I take it.

Replies

• dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I like FBX (Full Blown Extreme) from Max Muscle. Pink Lemonade flavor is yummy. I actually trade off between FBX and SuperPump. I like them both, but generally use FBX on bigger workout days - it helps me keep going and going like the Energizer Bunny in the gym!
  • fit921
    fit921 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised you didn't like Jack3d, I like it because it doesn't give me that wired up/shaky feeling but makes me think I can stay in the gym and lift all day. Prefer grape flavor but quite frankly I drink it so fast it doesn't matter what flavor it is.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    Tried the Lemon one. All it does is make me itchy 5 minutes after taking it. As far as getting me amped, not so much.
  • Adnan5224
    Adnan5224 Posts: 14
    Options
    Try Neura-Core (Grape) it tastes like kool-aid and really gives you focus and pumps you need to push yourself harder at the GYM. I took Jack3d for three weeks and it was good but i like the neura-core stuff better and i think it tast better as well not chalky aftertaste like jack3d. just my two cents.
  • workoutbarbie29
    workoutbarbie29 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I LOVE 1MR ( ONE MORE REP). It lives up to It's name and is the best one I have found. I have the best work outs on it and haven't found anythng that compares.
  • workoutbarbie29
    workoutbarbie29 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    All of the flavors are good except for the orange. STAY AWAY FROM THE ORANGE.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I love superpump but I also use neurocore. It works pretty well for me as well. Sometimes I mix half a scoop of each which turns out even better.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'm going to have to check out the reviews on all of these and pick the best one.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Tried the Lemon one. All it does is make me itchy 5 minutes after taking it. As far as getting me amped, not so much.
    I just thought I was weird for that! Sometimes after taking my pre-workout I just get really itchy for a few minutes like I have ants on my hands. :laugh:
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I use NO explode. It's the only one I've tried though, so I don't have much to compare with.

I don't take it all the time, as I find that I get used to it after a while and the effect isn't the same, but now and again, when I just want a boost or am feeling a little tired, it's good :smile: Taste is ok, I have the lemonade one. It's quite bitter (all the flavours I've tried are) but you do get used to it. Price isn't bad either.