Extreme makeover: Weight Loss Edition

Options
malakrolewna
malakrolewna Posts: 12 Member
Has anyone watched the season premier of Extreme Makeover: Weight loss edition? I find that show so inspiring!!! Last night's episode, Tony lost 200 lbs in 1 year. That;s amazing. Anyone else love this show?

Replies

• Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I love it too! It shows what is really possible if you give it all you have!
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    been hearing all about it from friends at work...wish I had seen it sounds like it was great.
  • kodaks
    kodaks Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great show, I'll have to add it to the list! ;)

Is this the first season of the show? If not, I hope Netflix will add it just like Biggest Loser.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Not only did he lose 200lbs but he did it while being engaged and subsequently breaking up with a jealous woman, the death of his kid and being homeless..that guy is awesome..and he did it all for his 50th birthday..just awesome.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I haven't watched it yet but I have it recorded to watch tonight. I've never watched this series before but I would have to think it is much more realistic than the Biggest Loser since they follow someone for a year. I think we all need to look everywhere for inspiration, you never know what will flip your switch and get you moving.

Wishing everyone a fantastic, fit week!
  • jenn_may
    jenn_may Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I DVR'ed it. I only saw a couple episodes last season, so I can't wait to watch! I love seeing people change their lives and follow their dreams!
  • pattysdaybaby
    Options
    It was great! I have been excersizing for awhile now but not down the way he is, he must've been very diciplined on his food. Ah well I keep trying, seeing things like this helps! Keep up the hard work everyone!
  • kodaks
    kodaks Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Added:
    Looks like there are quite a few episodes on Hulu:
    http://www.hulu.com/extreme-makeover-weight-loss-edition
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Oh cr@p, I missed it. :( Will have to watch next week's! Loved the show last season!
  • suchaprettyface70
    suchaprettyface70 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It was an amazing episode. With all that Tony went through in that year (leaving his fiancee because she did not support his decisions, being homeless, losing his son) and he still kept a smile on his face and managed to not only meet but beat his intended goal!!! So inspiring!!! I will definitely be watching this season.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Yes....I really like it and find it insires me too. I had also watch the one about the 600 pound people that lost weight...what a life change for some.
  • malakrolewna
    malakrolewna Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know.... i cried through the whole episode. He is my new inspiration. He truely deserved it!!!
  • richellekramer
    Options
    I watched it too. I thought the story was awesome and I too thought the man was incredible. A couple of things I wish they had focues more on was how did he lose that much weight that quickly and it be medically safe and I would have liked to know more about his nutrition too. Overall, I will watch that show again.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    Has anyone watched the season premier of Extreme Makeover: Weight loss edition? I find that show so inspiring!!! Last night's episode, Tony lost 200 lbs in 1 year. That;s amazing. Anyone else love this show?

LOVE IT!!! AND, next week's show looks great as well!!! CANT WAIT!! This show is SUCH an inspiration!!!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    That guy's story broke my heart, but he always had the biggest smile!
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I watched it and imo its worth watching again...it was very inspiring! Can't imagine going through all that and remaining focused on weight loss. I really admired the way he put himself first in that first relationship and had the courage to move on...Good For Him!!!
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I liked it too!! The best part was it was not a loss in 3 months like on other shows. His journey took a year, way more realistic.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    LOVED it! NO EXCUSES! If you wanted it bad enough you can accompliah anything. That's what I walked away from the show with.
  • davessweets
    Options
    I LOVED the show last night. I did not watch any of the last season. It is amazing and Im thrilled to see what a lifestyle change he made. The man Tony..lost 200 pounds while anything that could go wrong in his life did. He was inspiring..Im hooked on the show...and all I can say is I pray Tony has a wonderful life here on out! Cant wait for next week
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I know.... i cried through the whole episode. He is my new inspiration. He truely deserved it!!!

Same here! I cried like a baby the entire time. He is absolutely an amazing individual.