Polar HRM Battery

Options
NOLA_Meg
NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
So my Polar HRM needs a new battery- can I get it replaced locally or do I need to send it in to Polar? I've had it for over two years so I'm pretty sure any warranty on the device is null. Personal experiences encouraged (rather than a guess or an opinion). Thanks.

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Depends on the model. Older ones you needed to send to a service center to replace it. Newer ones can be done yourself. All you need is a flathead. I have replaced mine. It is a FT40.
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Really depends on the model. On my FT7, it was easy to change the batteries on both the watch and the transmitter.
  • loragp
    loragp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 and I replaced the battery in the wrist unit myself. When the battery in the chest strap/transmitter went out I had to send it to Polar to get a replacement as mine was still under warranty (the T-31 transmitter does not have the option to replace the battery so the entire unit had to be replaced). Before changing any of the batteries yourself, I suggest making sure the warranty has expired because doing so will void any remaining warranty.

The link to the Polar service website: http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/support/service
  • ROBJ3411
    ROBJ3411 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    is it the watch or chest strap? I've had a few of these. If you send it back to Polar it costs like $20+. Some watch places won't do it, but if you find a place that will it costs like $10. Or you can do it yourself. Key is not to lose or damage the rubber seal.
  • NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Thanks all!
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have heard you can buy a battery for cheap and then find a Polar certified dealer in your area. I looked mine up and my local Sports Authority (conveniently next to my gym!) was certified to change the battery. I tend to break all electronics so when my battery dies I believe I will take it there.